Stolen goods from within a parcel -advice

We had this problem with a package that had been very neatly cut underneath and the item, a radio, was removed. The package was left next door when it should have been returned to depot for us to collect. I rang the company and they just about accused me of wanting to get duplicate goods. They were very nasty even though I pointed out that I had paid them the money, not the company next door to them. All the carrier company asked was, did I receive a package, there was nowhere to comment,yes,but an empty package. I eventually received a shop soiled radio with no battery cover. I have never bought anything in this way since.

Phoned HoF back and they've changed their tune .....possibly after I said I was going to report it to the police.

Now it's changed from "we'll, it's hard to prove" to "yes, there'll be an investigation but I'm sure you'll get your money back".

They also said it may have just been a packaging error so it maybe a little early to say its a theft. Which wasn't even mentioned as a possibility the first time (and I don't actually believe with the tampering of the parcel).

Archived