Car insurance up despite yet another year of NCB ? This is why..

"there is more of them on the roads so they are more desirable, so that makes it more likely that it will be stolen"

They might as well just come out with it and say we're charging you more because we can.

I'm sick of the blatant lies shoved out by insurance companies, they know they operate a racket and they just don't care anymore.

I got a quote for next years car insurance today. Rather naively I`d phoned up expecting my premium to go down because I`d got yet another year of No Claims Bonus.

How wrong I was, my premium went up by £75 !

WHY ! ! !

I`ll tell you why, scrounging fraudulent whiplash claimants working with "no win no fee" (and no conscience) lawyers, that`s why.

Between me and a friend of mine we`ve had three phony whiplash cases made against us in the last 20 years. All bumps were at less than 5mph ! This one was a side to side scratch (crash, or even bump, is altogether too strong a word for it) ! Look at the picture on the link, if that bleedin` scrounger got whiplash from that accident her neck must be so weak then should wear a neckbrace, and I mean all the time, including in bed.

But how many of us if we hear a friend or relative or work colleague is trying it on with a whiplash claim actually point out what they`re doing is wrong ?

Until more people tell these fraudulent scumbags they`re out of order it`ll just keep happening, and we`ll all keep paying out with higher insurance premiums.

Added 22 March 2013

I`ve just found out that woman, who, if you look at the pictures of the damage to her car, had no injury whatsoever, got paid out £5700. Now, let`s be honest, she stole that money off every person paying for insurance in this country. I`m so mad I could scream. Even if you`re not an idealist like me, and you think it fair enough for anyone to screw anyone else for anything they can get, if you pay for car insurance you should be seething, because you are paying that........

So its nothing to do with the massive profits these insurance companies make year on year?

If insurance was such a difficult industry, why is just about EVERY company got an insurance arm?

It's all due to fraudulent claims and terrible drivers I'm afraid.

Recently involved in an incident where a fella came in to my lane on the roundabout, took me out, refused to accept liability whilst simultaneously trying to intimidate me in to admitting fault. Few minutes later one of his mates turned up who surprisingly was his witness to his complete **** and bull story that he provided.

The result of this was my pride and joy car written off, no proof of any ones description so a 50/50 split, my NCB lost and premiums gone shooting through the 2.5k roof as I'm only 22.

It was a slow collision, resulting in damage to only both our cars, yet a few weeks later I'm receiving letters asking me to provide information about the crash because he wants compensation for injuries. I'm perfectly fine, why isn't he?

I decided to buy my car back and repair it as it wouldn't be TOO expensive, however the £200/month insurance payments and an initial deposit of £450 is completely un-reasonable as far as I'm concerned. I was paying £147/month before the crash and I thought that was expensive.

I've got the same car as last year and my insurance went up to nearly £300 a year but shopped around using go compare and got it for £220 plus I have my recovery with that price (which I used to pay separate for) - cheaper than last years. Don't use compare the market as I find those not to be the cheaper search engine.

It's all due to fraudulent claims and terrible drivers I'm afraid.

Recently involved in an incident where a fella came in to my lane on the roundabout, took me out, refused to accept liability whilst simultaneously trying to intimidate me in to admitting fault. Few minutes later one of his mates turned up who surprisingly was his witness to his complete **** and bull story that he provided.

The result of this was my pride and joy car written off, no proof of any ones description so a 50/50 split, my NCB lost and premiums gone shooting through the 2.5k roof as I'm only 22.

It was a slow collision, resulting in damage to only both our cars, yet a few weeks later I'm receiving letters asking me to provide information about the crash because he wants compensation for injuries. I'm perfectly fine, why isn't he?

I decided to buy my car back and repair it as it wouldn't be TOO expensive, however the £200/month insurance payments and an initial deposit of £450 is completely un-reasonable as far as I'm concerned. I was paying £147/month before the crash and I thought that was expensive.

He is perfectly fine, physically anyway, he`s just a bleedin` fraudulent liar, just like the whiplash fraudster cow mentioned in the opening post. I did think they were going to make it more difficult for people to claim for whiplash (it may already have come in) so the low life may find it rather more difficult to defraud the insurance company (I should say those paying premiums to the insurance company, i.e. me and you).

There are other reasons why insurance is going up all the time. Cars are designed to crumple up in an accident to absorb the impact, unfortunately that means they can get written off in comparatively low speed accidents. Also there`s the fact manufacturers put all these colour coded bumpers and mirrors on everything, they might look nice but they put up the price of repairing any accident.

On the other hand cars are hardly ever stolen these days, it`s almost impossible to steal a car (and drive it off) if you don`t have the keys. The downside to that is getting spare encoded keys cut costs a £50 to £150 rather than £5 to £10 as it used to !

recieved ins renewal from Swifts last week gone up something like £150 on last yrs price , Rang up to complain got a imediate drop of £ 60 if i would renew told him i had already got a quote £ 130 cheaper and would not be renewing .

today recieved a further quote on the same details a further £20 off

so I have gone from £495.00 to £425.00 To £405.32 I am waiting to see if they send a further quote

Insurance co . Petrol co . and the Goverment. are taking the MICK out of the motorist

recieved ins renewal from Swifts last week gone up something like £150 on last yrs price , Rang up to complain got a imediate drop of £ 60 if i would renew told him i had already got a quote £ 130 cheaper and would not be renewing .

today recieved a further quote on the same details a further £20 off

so I have gone from £495.00 to £425.00 To £405.32 I am waiting to see if they send a further quote

Insurance co . Petrol co . and the Goverment. are taking the MICK out of the motorist

Petrol : That`s tax, personally I`d rather pay it on fuel then in extra income tax.

Insurance : A significant proportion of the increased cost of insurance is down to whiplash fraudsters, I speak from experience, both my own and people I know......

---------- Post added 18-05-2013 at 21:14 ----------

just had my renewal through and its just under £100 less than i paid last year, a quick search on Go Compare and i got it even cheaper.

I went on Go Compare, and they did have a cheaper quote. The thing is it didn`t have all the benefits my existing policy had. All the same I thought I`d phone up the quoted company (Aviva) to ask them about the policy but they said it was all done on the website, they couldn`t help me by (God forbid) actually talking to a customer*. Since some of the things I was asking weren`t straightforward I couldn`t be arsed. Websites are all very well but the fact is you can`t beat speaking to someone who actually knows what they`re talking about.

* In my opinion any company that doesn`t want to talk to its customers has, by definition, got s**t customer service.

---------- Post added 18-05-2013 at 22:14 ----------

I`m more upset about whiplash scroungers, it surprises me so few other people on here seem bothered about these scumbags and the shyster lawyers who facilitate them.

You really need to make time and have a look at how much insurance companies profits are soaring rather than spouting your media hype.

It isn`t media hype, it`s from my own, and my friends, personal experience

Edited by Justin Smith

I did think they were going to make it more difficult for people to claim for whiplash (it may already have come in) so the low life may find it rather more difficult to defraud the insurance company (I should say those paying premiums to the insurance company, i.e. me and you).

I'm not going to go in to all the details, but if you want an overview this is a good fact-sheet http://www.blplaw.com/know-how/expert-updates/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/The-Jackson-Reforms-Overview1.pdf

The lower value claims are no longer viable to pursue, so, instead of doing that, some Claims Management Companies are enticing prospective clients and encouraging them to exaggerate the symptoms or the length of time the symptoms have lasted (2 examples, there are plenty of other ways to get around the referral fee ban)

The amount of claims being investigated has increased over the last few years; insurance companies are investing a lot of money in counter fraud and they do not automatically allow whiplash, and other claims, to go through if there are any red flags popping up on the case.

Someone said they were surprised at the seeming apathy of people making these false or exaggerated claims. I am not surprised; plenty of people, when signing their contracts say "I never claim anything" or "I'm not one to claim" and follow on with ..."but". Because, if the incentive is great enough, for no effort, people will take it.

I'm not going to go in to all the details, but if you want an overview this is a good fact-sheet http://www.blplaw.com/know-how/expert-updates/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/The-Jackson-Reforms-Overview1.pdf

The lower value claims are no longer viable to pursue, so, instead of doing that, some Claims Management Companies are enticing prospective clients and encouraging them to exaggerate the symptoms or the length of time the symptoms have lasted (2 examples, there are plenty of other ways to get around the referral fee ban)

The amount of claims being investigated has increased over the last few years; insurance companies are investing a lot of money in counter fraud and they do not automatically allow whiplash, and other claims, to go through if there are any red flags popping up on the case.

Someone said they were surprised at the seeming apathy of people making these false or exaggerated claims. I am not surprised; plenty of people, when signing their contracts say "I never claim anything" or "I'm not one to claim" and follow on with ..."but". Because, if the incentive is great enough, for no effort, people will take it.

I`ve heard this before, but the woman involved in the accident with my friend was quite obviously not injured at all, and don`t take my word for it, just look at the pictures of her car linked to on the opening post. What`s more she was so injured she didn`t even take any time off work ! Yet she got paid out by the spineless insurance company. What`s even more annoying is these are the same insurance companies who try to get out of paying out legitimate claims, for instance they never pay out what a car is actually worth if it`s written off.

I had a quick read of that linked to pdf (though it looks like an advert to me....) but, unless I`m missing something, it doesn`t mention the basic problem which causes all this whiplash fraud. As far as I understand it it`s all down to the doctors report on the "injured" party. But with soft tissue injury it`s not easily provable either way, so the doctor just bases his diagnosis on what symptoms the patient reports, and if that isn`t an obvious route for fraud, I don`t know what is......

Edited by Justin Smith