Car insurance up despite yet another year of NCB ? This is why..

That, if you don`t mind me saying, is a total load of tosh.

It wasn`t actually me involved in the accident but I know exactly where and how it happened. In my opinion, and that of every person I`ve described it to, that accident would not have happened if that other driver had been driving with due care and attention. But unfortunately there were no independent witnesses.

However, in actual fact all that is totally irrelevant, what we`re talking about here is whether that woman could possibly have got whiplash from scraping her car along the side of the other vehicle. Even cursory examination of the photograph of the "damage" on her car would make it totally obvious to anyone that she couldn`t have got any injury whatsoever. She`s a liar whether she was at fault for the accident or not, and it`s fraudulent scumbags like her who are costing all those who have to pay car insurance premiums an absolute fortune, you might be happy about that, me, and every other right thinking person, isn`t.

I`m constantly amazed by posts such as that quoted above, in fact I`ve even coined a name for them "Forum Answers", that is to say an answer which you would never get from anyone except on a forum......

There you go , in your opinion. Your'e not a medical professional and sudden sharp impacts or shocks can cause whiplash type injuries,i know people with whiplash type injuries from sneezing.

In my opinion the car who was deemed at fault had a crash and compensation was paid out,thats the law.

Thats my genuine opinion,i've been there and experienced it. I don't think hikes in premiums is right and the car at fault should have to pay double for having an accident.

I also don't think calling her names is doing your claims of virtuosity and attacks on hypocrites much good either.

<...>She said that insurance companies regard a few thousand pounds as a small amount so often just pay out to these scrounging scumbags rather than risk a potentially expensive court case.<...>
and
<...>She will "get away with it" because you have no proof that the poor driving didn't affect her <...>
Get a dashcam, problem solved.

Insurance companies will not pay out, if you provide them with sufficient evidence against the likelihood of whiplash. Been there, done that (not with a dashcam, but with plenty of photo evidence and plenty of emails/contact, i.e. staying "on their case" until they refuse the other side's claim). Kissed the car in front (my fault, hand up), and I mean kiss (no damage whatsoever, not even a scratch or nick, on either car). Car in front claimed (:rolleyes:), and I got their whiplash, courtesy car and bodywork claims refused and their (fraudulent) claim off my insurance 'rap sheet'.

IMHO, in parallel with the growing adoption of telematics (closed-system black boxes and mobile phones used as such), insurance companies should offer discounts (real ones, not "double glazing" ones like they currently do) when you can garantee the constant use of a dashcam.

Edited by L00b

There may be an increase in insurance company profits but I wouldn`t have thought that was significant as compared to the amount they pay out to fraudulent scumbags. It probably is fair to say that the insurance companies aren`t quite as bothered about all this "no win no fee compo" as they claim because, quite simply, if they have to pay more out they just put up the premiums ! It`s us poor drivers who are being mugged by these lying dishonest scroungers..... I wonder how many of these low lives ever criticise benefit cheats, that really would make them hypocrites of the highest order because they`re just as bad.

I just see people like you as media sheep who believe any old tripe!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/yourbusiness/8955539/Car-premiums-artificially-high-admits-insurer.html

"The company, speaking on condition of anonymity but which makes revenues of up to £500m a year"

"said it did had no need to raise its own prices but had done so to avoid becoming too cheap and being swamped by new customers."

Its like all the other big companies,they rip us off just because they can!

Insurance companies like to blame US for insurance cost hikes which if insurance companies profits were going down then maybe but that isnt the case.There is a massive increase in Insurance company profits which points to it not being us at all but greed.

If they were to put up the insurance costs and tell you its because they are greedy then it wouldnt sit well so they blame it on 'them' !

I strongly suspect this is the case.

Haven't insurance companies been trying to get in on the 'cash for crash' scams themselves lately?

Phone your insurer after someone bangs into you, and they'll encourage you to go through their approved lawyers in order to screw some more money out of the other insurer.

As every insurance policy now has a govt tax applied to it, and with ever increasing car tax premiums, mine has never gone down in years, without claim/conviction etc. I am the only one who think the government might apply pressure to the insurance companies to keep premiums high so more tax is generated.

I realise claims companies etc are reaping from accidents which increase all our costs, but has anyone had any major increase from what they consider a very minor change in their detials.

Car insurance thread here

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1116848

Please use search in future

your link was a general thread on insurance cost, i was asking a specific question regarding the insurance tax, but thanks for your moderation, im sure many a registered forum helper or moderator on the site could have done that for you.

Mine is due to renew in the next few days, I had a renewal price of around £600 so I shopped around and the sister company admiral was £140 cheaper than what I would be charged. So all it took was a single phone call to Elephant for them to match it (they had all the details from my elephant and admiral quote on the system). Moral of the story is don't expect them to give existing or loyal customers the best prices, shop around and then present them the option to match it or not.