Car insurance up despite yet another year of NCB ? This is why..

I'm with NFU. I have had the same car for the last few years and my last claim must have been 4 years ago, and not my fault.

BTW I also get free home breakdown cover with the RAC, which is an additional bonus.

I think part of the blame lies with some of these no win- no fee "lawyers".

I'm with NFU. I have had the same car for the last few years and my last claim must have been 4 years ago, and not my fault.

BTW I also get free home breakdown cover with the RAC, which is an additional bonus.

I think part of the blame lies with some of these no win- no fee "lawyers".

I agree with you about the shyster no conscience lawyers, but actually, it`s more the fault of the doctors saying the "patient" has an injury, and once they diagnose an injury the insurance company is up against it. But it`s not really the doctors fault.

Why ?

Well the thing is soft tissue injuries are to a large extent, unprovable. The diagnosis, as with many "illnesses" is made from what symptoms the "patient" reports, and the "patient" will have checked up on what symptoms she (or he) should complain of ! In most cases whiplash claims are an absolute scam and make loads of money for liars and lawyers (is there any difference between them ? ! ? ). In my opinion far less importance should be given to the doctors report and far more importance should be given to the accident, how fast were the vehicles going ? What angle did they hit ? Was the "patient" using the headrest correctly ? ! ? etc etc

my missus got her renewal from lv this week and was quoted £190 to insure her corsa. on a

comparison website the price was £174 with the same company albeit with a higher excess.

she phoned them and they reduced the price to that on the website keeping her lower excess to boot.

i did the same last year with my car, saving myself £25.

my missus got her renewal from lv this week and was quoted £190 to insure her corsa. on a

comparison website the price was £174 with the same company albeit with a higher excess.

she phoned them and they reduced the price to that on the website keeping her lower excess to boot.

i did the same last year with my car, saving myself £25.

I`ve been with the same company for 20 odd years, the premium generally goes up every year. I haven`t got time to check premiums with other companies every time, but I do every few years, and, by the time you compare like with like, they`re actually not that much more expensive.

But the point is this, why do the premiums go up at all when my NCB goes up ?

Answer : Scumbag whiplash fraudsters, who, in my opinion, are only one up from burglars.......

Actually that should be two up from burglars, it`s fly tippers who are only one up from burglars.

I`ve been with the same company for 20 odd years, the premium generally goes up every year. I haven`t got time to check premiums with other companies every time, but I do every few years, and, by the time you compare like with like, they`re actually not that much more expensive.

Answer : Scumbag whiplash fraudsters, who, in my opinion, are only one up from burglars.......

Actually that should be two up from burglars, it`s fly tippers who are only one up from burglars.

Of the 4 companies online: Go Compare, and Compare the market are equal quotes, but more expensive than confused com or money supermarket com that are also equal.

It doesn't take much time. Moneysupermarket has my details and sends me an update every year at insurance time. It'll even give you the same company as you are with now but cheaper. Companies hope for customers like you who allow them to auto-renew every year.

Answer : Scumbag whiplash fraudsters, who, in my opinion, are only one up from burglars]

Takes about 5 minutes these days...

I still don`t understand why so many posters on this thread are commenting on how much they pay or save for insurance and not on the more significant point, why car insurance is so expensive in the first place, i.e. scumbag whiplash fraudsters....

It`s another reason why forums are so different from talking to people face to face. Of those I`ve mentioned this scrounging fraudster Bint to everyone has thought her a right scumbag, yet on here hardly anyone seems bothered by the fact she (and loads of others) are ripping off insurance companies, which, apart from being basic dishonesty, means she`s ripping off all those people who pay insurance premiums.

Incidentally, this thread is particularly appropriate at the moment with that cheeky cow copper trying to claim damages for tripping over a step whilst attending a suspected break in. It`s the same kind of thing really, trying to get something for nothing, though one hopes that policewoman isn`t actually lying like that scumbag whiplash fraudster in the pics (linked to on the thread opener)

I still don`t understand why so many posters on this thread are commenting on how much they pay or save for insurance and not on the more significant point, why car insurance is so expensive in the first place,)

My car insurance isn't expensive...

There's part of your issue.

It takes minutes on a comparison site to obtain quotes. They'll retain your details for next year if you like, and it'll be even quicker. I'm not saying false claims aren't a problem, you're right, they are, but shopping around will take the sting out of it. Everybody who has a few minutes to type on here has a few minutes to get quotes.

Ours has gone down. One is about £190, the other £200 fully comp etc...

There's part of your issue.

It takes minutes on a comparison site to obtain quotes. They'll retain your details for next year if you like, and it'll be even quicker. I'm not saying false claims aren't a problem, you're right, they are, but shopping around will take the sting out of it. Everybody who has a few minutes to type on here has a few minutes to get quotes.

Ours has gone down. One is about £190, the other £200 fully comp etc...

I do check every few years and other quotes are not significantly cheaper.

But, as (ironically) I said above, I`m more upset about whiplash scroungers, it surprises me so few other people on here seem bothered about these scumbags and the shyster lawyers who facilitate them.