Anti social behaviour committed by elderly people

Good afternoon i am new to this forum so apoligise if this topic has been discussed before, have others suffered anti social behaviour committed by elederly people if so how did you deal with it?

Briefly for the past 8 years we have suffered the attention of a elderly gent, his son being a Sheffield barrister it has been extremely difficult to get Police to take action, the incidents are attacks by the elderly gent with garden shears, stanley knife, threathening behaviour to his next door neiughbour a 83 year old gentleman with bad hips, peeping tom behaviour from his bathroom window on lady neighbours the bathroom window is now continualy open even in this cold weather? singing swearing at all who are outside talking, tresspessing on peoples property, the man has no social boundarys and is extremly tiresome and hard work to talk to.

We had our local MP involved, Police neighbouring unit, and now after a complaint to ipcc we are recieving proper Police attendance to the latest distrubances being created by the old gent, it appears they can only fine the old guy at this time until he commits a serious offence not sure what hat will be if a stanley knife attack was not enough to prove the old guy has clearly lost the plot?

The son a Sheffield barrister rarley visits his father, indeed no one visits his father which is sad and we believe a big part of the old guys issues he has no one to talk to, other neiughbors run when he walks towards them making any excuse to avoid the old guy, he is banned from bowling clubs, local church, local gyms etc after creating trouble at all venues.

we have tried contacting his doctor of course they cant help until courts ask for intervention that cannot happen as the barrister keeps covering up his fathers antics so cps & Police cant touch the old guy, the son is not helping his father he is making the old guy untouchable as he likes to tell people who he upsets!

Sorry to go on i wanted to hear from others who have or who are suffering simular issues and how they deal with it?

Police latest advice is take out a anti harressment injunction along with asking the old gent to attend Police station for a chat following his latest swearing singing incident over snow being moved around his home, you would think after all the appearances in court at Police station etc the old guy would have learnt some thing it appears he thrieves on the attention maybe makes up for his son not visiting etc, we only witness the son visit when his father is in trouble so it is working!

That is a horrible suggestion, even if you weren't serious (at least I hope you weren't)

It is quite possible the old man has alzheimers. Even if not, someone has to take this seriously and get this old chap some help (and by the same token provide neighbours with some relief)

It beggars belief that no help is forthcoming from police, doctor, mp. But no real surprise these days, more and more it seems they just can't be bothered to deal with the more complex problems that arise.

Sounds like the old boy has lost the plot and the problem is the barrister son preventing him getting the help he needs.

So the neighbours should go see the son in his workplace and explain the problem to him, it sounds like he's taking an irresponsible approach and needs some public advice.

Sounds like the old boy has lost the plot and the problem is the barrister son preventing him getting the help he needs.

So the neighbours should go see the son in his workplace and explain the problem to him, it sounds like he's taking an irresponsible approach and needs some public advice.

I would think barristers are in secure accommodation,and would seek some sort of injunction if harassed at work.I think a less orthodox approach is needed to prompt the son into action.

I would think barristers are in secure accommodation,and would seek some sort of injunction if harassed at work.I think a less orthodox approach is needed to prompt the son into action.

Granted they are slippery as eels so the OP could do with as many ideas as possible, what's your plan?

Granted they are slippery as eels so the OP could do with as many ideas as possible, what's your plan?

I don't have one as it is not my problem,but if I had the guy causing me such problems I would try to find where the son lived,and ensure that the people in his community learnt about the problem and were give the chance to offer help and advice.

I don't have one as it is not my problem,but if I had the guy causing me such problems I would try to find where the son lived,and ensure that the people in his community learnt about the problem and were give the chance to offer help and advice.

I personally think my suggestion of letting his professional colleagues offer such help and advice is much less fraught with danger, as his colleagues have an interest and his neighbors do not.

I personally think my suggestion of letting his professional colleagues offer such help and advice is much less fraught with danger, as his colleagues have an interest and his neighbors do not.

I cannot imagine how you would gain access to the partners of a law firm and then ask them to dissolve a loyal relationship with their colleagues.Are you familiar with such tactics?

Archived