Living in Walkley

Haz

Arson, car thefts. "Yoofs" causing trouble. Joy riding. Noise from the Firwood at very late chucking out time. We moved to Hillsborough, which is a traffic nightmare but much quieter.

The Cottage used to be ultra respectable,a Tetley house.I am guessing you were near Burnaby?

Arson, car thefts. "Yoofs" causing trouble. Joy riding. Noise from the Firwood at very late chucking out time. We moved to Hillsborough, which is a traffic nightmare but much quieter.

I've lived not too far away for over 10 years & never noticed too many problems - especially from Firwood. The Bellevue used to get a bit lairy but thats been closed for a few years (as have most of the corner pubs) - but its nowt like Hillsborough in full flow on sat night!

Yes, near Burnaby. We live nearer Malin Bridge, so don't get bothered by the noise in Hillsborough centre.

---------- Post added 29-01-2013 at 22:10 ----------

Oh, and the schools are going through a very rough patch.

Yes, near Burnaby. We live nearer Malin Bridge, so don't get bothered by the noise in Hillsborough centre.

---------- Post added 29-01-2013 at 22:10 ----------

Oh, and the schools are going through a very rough patch.

Get your kids to Malin Bridge if you can-seems well regarded.

Oh, and if you live in Walkley you are not far from one of the best pubs in Sheffield, The Blake Hotel.

And nearby Commonside has the equally popular Hallamshire House, an excellent chip shop, New Cod On The Block, and one of the finest Indian takeaways/restaurants in town, Rajputs.

Do you mean Walkley Road?

Walkley *Lane* runs from just past the Crown/Florist (after walkley rd has veered left - though the road seem the same one) down to Hillsborough.

Walkley *Road* starts at end of south road and goes down the hill towards Hillsborough but then turns left after Crown/Florist - its parallel with South rd with palm st, freedom rd etc running between them.

it gets very confusing & most people get the "road" and "lane" mixed up!

You mean Walkley Road turns *right* just after the Crown/Florist surely?

I used to live at 108 Walkley Road and it was definitely on the right turn if you're coming down from South Road just after the Crown and Florist.

If you can, check the electoral register for houses of multiple occupancy in the neighbourhood as this will denote student accommodation which can be bit noisy at times. Other than that, I think Walkley's a great place to live. We moved there from Crookes before we moved to Stannington.

Archived