Parents dropping their kids off..

Congratulations for living in a country where no kid ever gets kidnapped, or raped, or murdered by some pedo or other. I won't even let my sub teen grandkids play in my yard unless I have them in full view.

It does far more damage to mollycoddle kids than it does to put them at the extremely negligible risk of kidnap or murder.

You have to find a reasonable balance between recklessly exposing your child to danger and overprotecting them to the point where they grow up timid and unadventurous.

Depending on where you live, you may have to draw that line in a different place from another parent. But in essence, Happ Hazzard is right.

You have to find a reasonable balance between recklessly exposing your child to danger and overprotecting them to the point where they grow up timid and unadventurous.

Depending on where you live, you may have to draw that line in a different place from another parent. But in essence, Happ Hazzard is right.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but being close to a highway here is too dangerous to allow small children to play without supervision. If you're able to do so then good luck to you. Meanwhile I would like to see mine grow up.

My life isn't so mundane that I notice or care. Each to there own.

To be fair it is only a real annoyance for people (like me) that live near schools.

Fair enough if someone lives a good few miles away from the school then by all means I see the logic in driving the kids maybe. Still there is a school bus which seems to work and most buses take kids directly outside the school.

Id say over the last 10 years even more parents seems to have decided to drop there kids off by car well by people carrier really or 4x4. They do park in stupid places as well and then more annoying when you find out half of the cars by the school have only driven a few blocks away.

Not sure people would mind so much if they parked in safe places and didn't park right across peoples drive ways but worse still they park on the bus stop that drops some kids off! lol

To be fair it is only a real annoyance for people (like me) that live near schools.

Fair enough if someone lives a good few miles away from the school then by all means I see the logic in driving the kids maybe. Still there is a school bus which seems to work and most buses take kids directly outside the school.

Id say over the last 10 years even more parents seems to have decided to drop there kids off by car well by people carrier really or 4x4. They do park in stupid places as well and then more annoying when you find out half of the cars by the school have only driven a few blocks away.

Not sure people would mind so much if they parked in safe places and didn't park right across peoples drive ways but worse still they park on the bus stop that drops some kids off! lol

No it isn't. Its quite annoying for sensible parents too who know that their children are being put at risk by inconsiderate drivers.

I regularly pass 2 primary schools, Rivelin and Sacred Heart, at school opening time. How is that the parents of children at Sacred Heart manage to get their kids to school without parking on yellow or zig zag lines while those at Rivelin make the whole area round the school look like a car park? This despite the obvious yellow lines and no stopping signs. :loopy:

The parents on Morley Street also use the Give Way lines at either side of the school as parking delimiters.

And breath.

move away from the highway then.:loopy:
Please send me the down payment. The school bus, painted yellow is the accepted mode of carrying school children all over America and Canada. It is mandatory that drivers stop and wait when a school bus stops to pick up or drop off kids. It cuts down on the traffic jams you are talking about on here. So heres a nice couple of loopies for you, moron:loopy::loopy:

Archived