Parents dropping their kids off..

or maybe with all the weirdo's around these days its better to take them that way you know for sure they have got there safe and sound but that's just my opinion and the fact i care about my children's safety

The real weirdos are that ones that obsess about weirdos,often concealing their own misdemeanours.

---------- Post added 04-02-2013 at 13:54 ----------

1/ Laziness ......... the kids of today think excersize is using their thumbs to use the X-Box controller .

2/ Parents ......... they dont want their little darlings having to go outside in the cold and actually walking to school .

I thought you were a supporter of the school run if it meant driving?

Congratulations for living in a country where no kid ever gets kidnapped, or raped, or murdered by some pedo or other. I won't even let my sub teen grandkids play in my yard unless I have them in full view.

and comiserations for living in a country where every kid gets kidnapped, raped or murdered by some pedo. What you gonna do when they get to 20 and decide they want a gap year to travel the world? Handcuffs to mummy's armchair maybe?

and comiserations for living in a country where every kid gets kidnapped, raped or murdered by some pedo. What you gonna do when they get to 20 and decide they want a gap year to travel the world? Handcuffs to mummy's armchair maybe?

America -Land of the Free?

It's roughly a mile between our home and the local school. The kids, aged 11 and 14, have been walking there and back since about the age of 10. They usually call for other kids on the way and walk in a group.

Before the age of 10 one of us would walk with them - not because of paedophiles, although I'm sure society is swarming with them on every street corner from what I read, but because of road-sense.

There have been occasions though when we have dropped them off or picked them up at school by car. Even worse, on some occasions this car has been a big 4x4.

Sometimes there are good reasons why a parent needs to drop off or pick up by car.

But I'm taking the fun out of it now for those who want to form a judgment on others without knowing the circumstances.

Typical of someone who drives a big 4x4 I suppose! ;)

I'm sorry to have to say this, but being close to a highway here is too dangerous to allow small children to play without supervision. If you're able to do so then good luck to you. Meanwhile I would like to see mine grow up.

Where did I advocate letting small children play unsupervised near busy roads?

It's roughly a mile between our home and the local school. The kids, aged 11 and 14, have been walking there and back since about the age of 10. They usually call for other kids on the way and walk in a group.

Before the age of 10 one of us would walk with them - not because of paedophiles, although I'm sure society is swarming with them on every street corner from what I read, but because of road-sense.

There have been occasions though when we have dropped them off or picked them up at school by car. Even worse, on some occasions this car has been a big 4x4.

Sometimes there are good reasons why a parent needs to drop off or pick up by car.

But I'm taking the fun out of it now for those who want to form a judgment on others without knowing the circumstances.

Typical of someone who drives a big 4x4 I suppose! ;)

That's roughly the ages you mentioned tht more care is taken of more carefully. High school is 11 to 18. They still have school buses available, though many make their own way to school, with 16 to 18s driving themselves often. Most high schools offer driving lessons at a reasonable cost.

---------- Post added 04-02-2013 at 15:14 ----------

Where did I advocate letting small children play unsupervised near busy roads?
You didn't but I did.

---------- Post added 04-02-2013 at 15:18 ----------

That other planet you come from? They need you back home. We don't.

Archived