Jsa sanction for 4 weeks

His best course of action would be to go shoplifting to keep himself. The police do not turn up now even if the shoplifters are caught on CCTV or physically restrained by security staff.

I would not advise him to do it, but that is what I would do in his position.

Charming,you would break the law and make the rest of us pay higher bills to subsidize your thieving,nice one NOT.

It would be a fairly straightforward issue if everyone on JSA was fully functioning, but of course we know from the ESA/ATOS fiasco that this isn't the case. I know someone whose panic attacks can be very bad and can trap them in the house for days on end but who was deemed 'fit to work' by ATOS and shunted on to JSA. At some point they will be unable to attend their sign on or will have a panic attack on the way. 4 weeks without money - starve, mentalist! And before anyone says 'just ring them and let them know', that's easier said than done when having a full-on panic attack and recovering afterwards.

And have the holier-than-thous ever tried ringing the DWP? Good luck getting an answer before you've spent a day's JSA on phone bills. Professionals who have to ring them on behalf of clients make sure they've been for a slash, have a cup of tea ready and some admin to be doing while they wait for someone to pick up.

Charming,you would break the law and make the rest of us pay higher bills to subsidize your thieving,nice one NOT.

If I was of the opinion that the state was so corrupt that it was attempting to starve me in order to maintain control I would certainly go shoplifting to keep myself . Only a fool would allow the present regime to starve them.

As I stated previously I would not advise anyone else to do it, but my point of view I would find it morally correct for me to do.

If I was of the opinion that the state was so corrupt that it was attempting to starve me in order to maintain control I would certainly go shoplifting to keep myself . Only a fool would allow the present regime to starve them.

As I stated previously I would not advise anyone else to do it, but my point of view I would find it morally correct for me to do.

I asked on the burglary thread when the current spate started because I'm interested to know if it coincides with the new JSA sanctions coming in.

I asked on the burglary thread when the current spate started because I'm interested to know if it coincides with the new JSA sanctions coming in.

It coincides with all the cuts and will only get worse as the cuts continue. More and more people will feel aggrieved by the system at the same time as more and more police hours are being cut. Something must give. The real tory boys will sit in suburbia above it all and protected form it all. Some of the pretend ten bob millionaire "tories" will feel the drop in their quality of life however.

Do you still work there? Are you aware of the massive new drives to get people of JSA?

Unfortunately with this government there are massive drives to get people off benefit full stop, they won't be happy until they wreck the Benefit system. As I said people have to sign on once a fortnight, if it is too much for them or beyond them to phone in then they take the consequences.

I am unfortunately still employed by DWP, but in another area so I get know 1st hand what is happening.

Unfortunately with this government there are massive drives to get people off benefit full stop, they won't be happy until they wreck the Benefit system. As I said people have to sign on once a fortnight, if it is too much for them or beyond them to phone in then they take the consequences.

I am unfortunately still employed by DWP, but in another area so I get know 1st hand what is happening.

Also if they are sanctioned they are still claiming JSA, they just don't get paid. I know this because I work on the IT system that does the statistics.

Also if they are sanctioned they are still claiming JSA, they just don't get paid. I know this because I work on the IT system that does the statistics.

Yes Supertramp they are, they are sanctioned but as you say still on books for JSA, it is only when the claim is closed do they stop being a statistic.

Thanks for the clarification and taking a huge pee all over Mr Bloom's argument :thumbsup:

Archived