Why do children have to do homework?

It would seem that `That Easy`s` attitude towards education is such,that he/she wouldn`t be bothered to see them join the dole queue.

---------- Post added 30-01-2013 at 16:50 ----------

We are very concerned about the safety of our children as well as their education. As I've already said Winter adds an additional problem because the days are short and we don't like having them walking home in the dark during rush hour. I managed to get a school bus driver fired for turning my 11 year old grandaughter off the bus very short of her destination without someone to meet her. All this adds a burden to parents, especially ones who don't have access to help frrom Grandparents. Our grandkids are very lucky as it happens. A lot of companies have flexible work hours that allow a parent to get home in time to meet the school bus. Sometimes Dad does it one day then Mom another. There aren't a lot of kids younger than teens having to go home to an empty house. State Childrens Services keep a close eye on what's happening to kids under their care. They'll take your kids off you if they think you're doing it wrong. I'm not sure I believe in that unless it really is happening and the kids are being neglected. Our tykes love having my wife or I help them with their homework, and they respond by trying to teach my wife how to use the laptop.:)

Well done getting the driver the sack-one would think thats an objective everyone should aspire to. Downhiller

It would seem that `That Easy`s` attitude towards education is such,that he/she wouldn`t be bothered to see them join the dole queue.

---------- Post added 30-01-2013 at 16:50 ----------

Well done getting the driver the sack-one would think thats an objective everyone should aspire to. Downhiller

If you think its right to leave a young girl out in the dark to make her way home because you're not willing to do your job properly, then stay out of America. I didn't fire him, I reported him. The school board thought it was appropriate, and so do I. Mind your own business, and don't tell me what I shouldn't do for my family.

If you think its right to leave a young girl out in the dark to make her way home because you're not willing to do your job properly, then stay out of America. I didn't fire him, I reported him. The school board thought it was appropriate, and so do I. Mind your own business, and don't tell me what I shouldn't do for my family.

Reading your account it seems you expected the driver to hold up other passengers,and that someone in your family failed to meet the bus on time.You also seem quite proud of getting the person sacked.I do not think this would happen in the UK where employees are accorded greater respect.I do not think the other person meant to be rude,whereas your post was quite ambiguous.

Bad form for getting the guy fired.

Reading your account it seems you expected the driver to hold up other passengers,and that someone in your family failed to meet the bus on time.You also seem quite proud of getting the person sacked.I do not think this would happen in the UK where employees are accorded greater respect.I do not think the other person meant to be rude,whereas your post was quite ambiguous.

The way I read the post was : The driver put the girl off the bus at an earlier stop and therefore there was nobody there to meet her in the dark. Not a case of holding the bus up because there was nobody there to meet her !

Why post the details on a public forum, then tell us to mind our own business?

I think I speak for all on here in saying that we were quite happy in our ignorance of this episode until you decided to tell us all about it.

Why post the details on a public forum, then tell us to mind our own business?

I think I speak for all on here in saying that we were quite happy in our ignorance of this episode until you decided to tell us all about it.

You certainly speak for me,BP:hihi:

Archived