Work from home ideas please

I have been working from home part time since 2009 and full time since 2010.

Here's the "secret".

Find something about which you are passionate and/or knowledgeable and turn it into a website.

It's not get rich quick (nothing is), it's hard work (mentally, not physically), but if you have the passion and the motivation for your subject, there's no reason why you can't build a successful website that attracts hundreds if not thousands of visitors per day.

You can then make money by placing adverts on the site (similar to this forum) or referring visitors to products related to your niche from which you earn a commission (this is called affiliate marketing - the retailer does all the physical work, you just send them clicks).

You're probably put off the idea if you don't know the technical side of building a website, but there are hosts that handle all the technical stuff for you. I started my site with a host that pretty much gives you all the tools and guidance you need to make a successful site.

Total overheads are about £300 per year, but if you're willing to learn about setting up a website you could do it for as little as £50.

PM me if you want to know more. Like I said, it's not a GRQ scheme, it takes time and effort, but as far as making money from home it's legitimate and it works.

I have been working from home part time since 2009 and full time since 2010.

Here's the "secret".

Find something about which you are passionate and/or knowledgeable and turn it into a website.

It's not get rich quick (nothing is), it's hard work (mentally, not physically), but if you have the passion and the motivation for your subject, there's no reason why you can't build a successful website that attracts hundreds if not thousands of visitors per day.

You can then make money by placing adverts on the site (similar to this forum) or referring visitors to products related to your niche from which you earn a commission (this is called affiliate marketing - the retailer does all the physical work, you just send them clicks).

You're probably put off the idea if you don't know the technical side of building a website, but there are hosts that handle all the technical stuff for you. I started my site with a host that pretty much gives you all the tools and guidance you need to make a successful site.

Total overheads are about £300 per year, but if you're willing to learn about setting up a website you could do it for as little as £50.

PM me if you want to know more. Like I said, it's not a GRQ scheme, it takes time and effort, but as far as making money from home it's legitimate and it works.

thankyou, this was the kind of thing i was looking at, i have had a website before but i didnt really do much with it as far as online shop. i got as far as starting to put my stock pictures on but then couldnt make the basket thing work so gave up.

now i dont have a shop i dont have any stock . i did try a FB page where i put stock pics from my wholesaler on but that didnt seem to work either as then it was only 1 or 2 orders a month which was no good as i couldnt put in a order for so little, and also sometimes the thing being ordered was out of stock anyway.

:( im not technical at all and im sure im making it sound alot harder than it is

---------- Post added 29-01-2013 at 17:38 ----------

Doing CVs for people

iv never done a CV before so wouldnt know where to start.

Housewife. Bill him.

beats 'forum troll' hands down :roll:

You think?

All those pubs which advertise 'Home made food' ... Whose homes do you think the food is made in?

My ex-wife (going back more than a few years now ;)) - back when I lived in the People's Democratic Republic of South Yorkshire) was a brilliant cook.[Actually, she was a cordon-bleu chef] and she made a significant amount of money out of making paté and pies for a number of local pubs and restaurants.

If you can cook (and it's amazing how many people can't nowadays) you can always get work.

hiya

Help please ..... weve had shops for over 13 years but recently decided to give it up as hubby has got fed up of it and is now restoring old minis.

BUT .... i need something to do now. iv googled to death and just cant seem to come up with anything genuine. Ideally i want to be self employed ( but not doing avon/kleeneze etc.. ) but if something came up doing work for someone else that would be ok.

i just need ideas please lovely people

thankyou

x

Pick a passion, blog about it.

Infact anything you can do over a Laptop, you can do at home.

This includes things like web design.

Archived