Flat roof construction

Thanks for your reply pal, do you think I can take the internal walls out ? These porches with flat roofs are not part of the structure of the house. But if the roof is reinforced concrete I see no problem the roof holding up on three walls and an RSJ. As I said earlier cant see an RSJ running across the external door wall.

to be honest as seven hills said u really need to let someone av a look at it who knows what there on about . Uaually the porch roofs are built into the house b/wrk and dont cover a large span so aslong as theres no major cracks normally there ok, but as i say only someone suitably qualified could tell ya.

i have done a cpl of these jobs for fellow forumers but both jobs were different. one kept in place the old concrete roof and the other involved taking the concrete roof off and fitting a apex roof in its place. you also might have to consider that when the walls have been removed there might be a difference in floor levels so the floor might need to be raised. also to give extra light into the new kitchen area we fitted patio doors. we dealt with the council on getting this signed off and all work was carried out to building regulations . if you need a quote for this get in touch thanks

Archived