Should there be a tax on soft drinks?

There are hardly any calories in the diet (sugar free) versions..

Would they tax the sugar free versions too? :confused:

I dont think it will ever happen but has given the idea maker some good publicity which was no doubt the whole intent.

It's a totally bizzare idea and would serve no purpose whatsoever

139 calories in a can of coke, this equates to around 30-40 minutes walking at 3mph.

jb

Not as bad as I thought actually. I looked up the calorie count of a large MacDonalds coke - 310, so about an hour and a half to walk off.

I suppose the rub comes when you add that to the meal you might also have (big mac + fries = 920) then the coke is 310 completely pointless calories - it won't fill you up and it won't give you anything of nutritional value. The drink has almost as many calories as the chips - what a waste of calories! I know, I know - chips aren't the healthiest, but at least you get something to chew.

These lefty organisations are a pain in the bum, especially the ones linked to obesity.

They create one tax here and one tax there, and create non jobs here there and everywhere.

Yet, Stocksbridge Lesuire Centre is threatened with closure, there are reduced opening hours at a few local swimming pools (link http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/opening-hours-set-to-be-cut-at-sheffield-pools-1-5364066).....play areas at Pitsmoor and Highfield are faced with closure and yet we need to pay more obesity champions to bore the living daylights out of children at school.

Surely one effective sports coach would be infinatly better at getting kids into sport than some boring, middle aged lefty fart boring all the kids to death at school giving lectures on obesity and exercise (don't exercise at Stocksbridge Lesuire Centre because it will soon be closed).

---------- Post added 30-01-2013 at 15:24 ----------

That's a total con. An utter rip - off. You're making a huge profit at the expense of other people's gullibility.

Not true

The Orange Squash flabour sports drink sells for £12, now that ones a rip off. However its sold on the basis that people lose weight and it sells by the bucket load.

Again, this contains the hydrating forumula H20 within the drink

I'm trying to think if there's any other hydrating formulas.

:hihi:

Mention the word Hydration and you can treble or even quadruple the price of a bottle of water......:o:o:o:o ooopps....H20 formula.

The fitness and diet industry is the only one where you can legally rip the customers off. Can't imagine a Car Mehanic being able to do the same thing, or any other tradesperson

Mention the word Hydration and you can treble or even quadruple the price of a bottle of water......:o:o:o:o ooopps....H20 formula.

The fitness and diet industry is the only one where you can legally rip the customers off. Can't imagine a Car Mehanic being able to do the same thing, or any other tradesperson

How about the "beauty" industry..all those fancy ingredients in their miracle creams...

Archived