Things that you just don't see now!

desy

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

no offence meant !! :)

deecee

Offence was taken, and my bat and ball stays at home

My thread was specifically about Childhood Sweets, not a catchall including food. It was designed as such to give someone else a chance to post on other things like food, clothing etc.

Anyway, I came back to look if you had responded, not to argue about it.

This thread, as others have confirmed, is a lovely look-back in nostalgia.

I am now taking my Cricket Stumps as well, I forgot them last time

A gang of us riding the upstairs front seats on a tram, causing a ruckus and being threatened by the conductor. Riding the number 9 circular bus, getting on in Abbeydale and riding right through the city and back again. Saturday night at the City Hall being threatened by the bouncers for jiving.

No problem, - I've got a bat and a ball and we can chalk the stumps on a wall like we used to :D

I'll take you up on that invitation, now that Polyphemus aka "deecee" has made his/her one and only contribution ( Troll nature ?) to this thread and got my goat for a short while today.

Shall we pitch the wicket along the street, or across it.

I have some great marbles as well. Set up a poggie and we will play for them.

ps Do you have some cigarette cards we can swap? I have a full set of Derby Winners and Jockeys.............:)

Used to love jublees!

Mmmm, with a layer of icecream on the top, a bubblegum ball, raspberry syrup and a little plastic spoon to eat it all with. Yum.

That sounds more like a screwball.

Not in my neck of the woods :). Screwballs had the bubblegum at the bottom of the container and were filled with icecream. Jubblies were made with flavoured ice and had the bubblegum on the top, like a cherry.

Archived