Did he know of the route

Whilst not to do with Sheffield I pose the following question.

George Osborne,the Chancellor,sold his near million pound house in his constituency of Tatton last January.With the arrival of the new high speed railway,property values will drop,the new railway is going to pass through Tatton.

Do you think he knew of the route of the railway and sold before it became public?

Do you think he knew of the route of the railway and sold before it became public?

If true it would be the first sound financial decision he's ever made. But what did he do with the money? Did he buy another home in Tatton? Or in the Chilterns? Did he buy Facebook shares? Did he put it all on Mitt Romney being elected US president?

The route isn't going to open for another 20 years. We'll be in George's 17th recession by then. I don't think he's smart enough to plan beyond tomorrow.

If true it would be the first sound financial decision he's ever made. But what did he do with the money? Did he buy another home in Tatton? Or in the Chilterns? Did he buy Facebook shares? Did he put it all on Mitt Romney being elected US president?

The route isn't going to open for another 20 years. We'll be in George's 17th recession by then. I don't think he's smart enough to plan beyond tomorrow.

Evidently he is!!:thumbsup:

Whilst not to do with Sheffield I pose the following question.

George Osborne,the Chancellor,sold his near million pound house in his constituency of Tatton last January.With the arrival of the new high speed railway,property values will drop,the new railway is going to pass through Tatton.

Alternative view: HS2 might increase property values, so he'd have lost out.

Really, neither he nor we can know for at least two decades!

Why would a High Speed Link decrease house prices? I think that it would have the opposite effect.

It probably depends on just how near you are to the HS2 project. Who knows whose house will be be required for compulsory purchase. Apparently ex RTB council house Tenants won't get a very fair deal under these circumstances.

It probably depends on just how near you are to the HS2 project. Who knows whose house will be be required for compulsory purchase. Apparently ex RTB council house Tenants won't get a very fair deal under these circumstances.

OK. I get the full picture now....thanks.:)

Why would a High Speed Link decrease house prices? I think that it would have the opposite effect.

if the train goes past the bottom of your garden, but you are miles away from the nearest station, you could argue that you get the downside without any of the benefits - i can see how some people would be put off buying such a property

Archived