Motorists not being ripped off?

So there is nothing wrong in hiking prices as soon as they can when oil goes up but taking a long time to lower them when oil prices drop.:confused:

Actually prices rose to a peak in October -diesel was 142.9p a litre round here, and since then dropped by 7p to 135.9p a litre where it's been since before Xmas.

Funny how I don't see you or the media going on about this, yet if it goes up 1p its an OUTRAGE.

Maybe above the cost of the petrol they should put the cost per barrel so we know exactly when it's going up and down and how it correlates with prices at the pump.

You'd really need to know how much the fuel in the tanks at the garage cost to know whether it's overpriced or not...?

Actually prices rose to a peak in October -diesel was 142.9p a litre round here, and since then dropped by 7p to 135.9p a litre where it's been since before Xmas.

Funny how I don't see you or the media going on about this, yet if it goes up 1p its an OUTRAGE.

Thats not whats happened here.Ive seen the garage at the bottom of the road creeping the prices up over the last few weeks from 1.39 to 1.42 for diesel where its currently at.So why is that if its not a broad reason for hikes?

there's a good little tool on the BBC website. I could fill my car up in Venezuela and it would only cost 92p

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Maybe we should buy our oil from them they obviously have a cheap supply.

According to the report on average if you deduct the price of the crude oil and government tax the petrol company is left with 11p/litre.

That's 11p to refine, distribute and retail a litre of fuel. I don't think that's a rip off.

I was in a local boozer the other night and a pint of Thornbridge St Petersburg was £4.60. Yet a few day's earlier I was in the Tavern in Warrington drinking the same stuff at £2.80. That's £1.80 difference for a pint of the same beer in 2 different pubs. That's a rip off. Filling stations with different distribution and different overheads charging 3p difference for 1 3/4 pints isn't.

Archived