Its a new life . . .

I know you're not my biggest fan but congratulations and good luck all the same. Also out of interest can anyone tell me how to pronounce that name?

Thankyou FJ.

It's pronounced differently depending on who you are, it's Irish but I have so far heard five different Irish people (including members of my wifes family) pronounce it three different ways so I think it comes down to regional variation.

It can be either Ewan, Owen, or the way we pronounce it - (this won't be technically correct written phonetics) Yohan, but with a very soft Y, like Eomer from Lord of the Rings

:hihi: I remember seeing the full episode it was very funny.

Thankyou FJ.

It's pronounced differently depending on who you are, it's Irish but I have so far heard five different Irish people (including members of my wifes family) pronounce it three different ways so I think it comes down to regional variation.

It can be either Ewan, Owen, or the way we pronounce it - (this won't be technically correct written phonetics) Yohan, but with a very soft Y, like Eomer from Lord of the Rings

I like the way the man on this audio pronounces it.

http://www.babynamesofireland.com/eoghan

please don't move this mods or the people I want ti see it may not do.

Janie, Roots, quisqose, Mike, RainbowAngel and anyone else on here I really respect but may have forgotten I would like to announce the birth of my son, Eoghan David Gilliver. born today at 2.41 pm and weighing in at 9 lb 11.

Sorry Rich, I've not been online much lately.. congratulations to you and yours!

Hope everything's going well :)

Thanks Roots.

I've not been on here much lately either. Eoghan was born exactly a month after the death of my dad so priorities have been shifted somewhat.

Thankyou once again.

Janie, if you harden the start of the pronunciation on your clip to be more of a 'Y' sound (but not so hard that it actually becomes a Y) that's pretty much it!

Archived