Experiences of Tramadol?

Moonbird

Antihistamines should be Ok (as far as I can recall, it is late at night after all) St Johns Wort reacts with a number of prescriptions medicines, but without looking into it I can't say for sure about it's interaction with Tramadol.

Well I'm going to try another wish me luck :hihi:

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 00:34 ----------

There's quite a few recipes it can be incorporated into. :thumbsup:

Asda double choc cookie mix is the best in my experience, but be warned, they are moreish. :hihi:

:hihi: Thanks I will bear that in mind if the worst comes to the worst...and it might do yet!

There's quite a few recipes it can be incorporated into. :thumbsup:

Asda double choc cookie mix is the best in my experience, but be warned, they are moreish. :hihi:

Quite agree, I spiced mine up at Christmas by adding cherries and a slug of rum, but remembered not to offer them to the family :)

Quite agree, I spiced mine up at Christmas by adding cherries and a slug of rum, but remembered not to offer them to the family :)

Well i don't want to hijack this thread with that sort of debate but... :hihi: It is bloody stupid that there's a natural remedy out there that works better for some of us but we're force fed chemicals just for a few hours respite in sleep, it's upside down and backwards. :(

Antihistamines should be Ok (as far as I can recall, it is late at night after all) St Johns Wort reacts with a number of prescriptions medicines, but without looking into it I can't say for sure about it's interaction with Tramadol.

Yeah SJW does interact with Tramadol, in the same manner as other SSRI anti-depressants such as fluoxetine.

So probably not the best thing to take them together..

Tramadol (Ultram)

Interaction Rating: Major Do not take this combination.

Tramadol (Ultram) can affect a chemical in the brain called serotonin. St. John's wort can also affect serotonin. Taking St. John's wort along with tramadol (Ultram) might cause too much serotonin in the brain and side effects including confusion, shivering, stiff muscles, and other side effects.

That's not to say there's anything wrong with Tramadol, personally I've found it preferable to codeine (for reasons already mentioned). However it (as do most drugs) have a whole catalogue of interactions with others.

*usual medical disclaimer: if you're in any doubt.. check with your own GP/Pharmacist and not an internet forum :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I take a high dose of Tramadol and Codeine along with max strength Pregabalin (sp) and Amotryptaline (sp). I seem to tolerate them all for a week or so and then have a couple of toxic days which are awful, shivers, hot flushes, heaving and gagging. Then off we go on the cycle again.

I hate it, I hate what this seems to be doing to my body but I have tried so many other combos and this one is the best that I have found thus far. It reduces my pain, I hate to think what I would have to do to stop the pain completely.:gag:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived