Parking fine for Burgess Street?

Log onto Pepipoo and ask them for advice. It is amazing how many Council tickets are incorrectly issued and get cancelled with the right appeal. Worth a try, do not assume that the Council does not make mistakes!

This is true. I know someone who received a ticket for driving on Queens Road bus lane at 7.20 a.m. even though it's not a bus only lane until 7.30. She received a time stamped photo! She wrote querying it and never heard anything back, no apology or explanation. I wonder how many others got one and just paid it. From what the op says this sounds wrong as well.

Here's an update so that anyone going out for the night or attending the City Hall doesn't get caught out parking on Burgess Street.

The parking restrictions are clearly signed: the parking is restricted to the white-lined parking bays. You are allowed to park only between 0800 and 1830 hours Monday to Friday and then only for 1 hour and only if a current parking ticket is visibly displayed. I'm afraid I don't know the rules for disabled badge holders at this location.

The rest of the time the street is reserved for black cab parking.

I've paid her fine. Doh!

Hi,

Last Thursday night I attended the City Hall, parking on the double yellow lines adjacent to the parking bays in question, "legally, correctly displaying my Disabled Parking Permit," Three cars were parked within the bays at roughly seven o'clock, didn't look or notice if they displayed tickets. Returning to my car later the three cars all had a parking summons stuck to their windscreens. No restriction signs were evident as I could see. Money to be made on Burgess Street I assume.

Here's an update so that anyone going out for the night or attending the City Hall doesn't get caught out parking on Burgess Street.

The parking restrictions are clearly signed: the parking is restricted to the white-lined parking bays. You are allowed to park only between 0800 and 1830 hours Monday to Friday and then only for 1 hour and only if a current parking ticket is visibly displayed. I'm afraid I don't know the rules for disabled badge holders at this location.

The rest of the time the street is reserved for black cab parking.

I've paid her fine. Doh!

That's not what the sign on Google maps says..has the signage changed since then or are drivers supposed to be clairvoyant? Have a look at the link in Barleycorn's post..

That's not what the sign on Google maps says..has the signage changed since then or are drivers supposed to be clairvoyant? Have a look at the link in Barleycorn's post..

We established in the City Road bus gate thread that the signs on Google Streetview are woefully out of date.

Anyway back to the OP - why did you bail her out? Let her learn from her own mistakes :D

Archived