Parking fine for Burgess Street?

Thanks, Truman, that's what I did. I was not far from there on Thursday evening picking up the other half so we had a drive to Burgess Street and I reconned the parking signs. Sad eh?

The blue sign on your link is there but there is now also a yellow sign specifically prohibiting parking outside the allowed time slot. The taxi ranks are clearly marked.

If there is any excuse, I would say that it is that the street is poorly lit and the signage is rather small. However, having said that, the signage is by the white-lined bays so...

My advice to anyone attending the City Hall would be to park in the council car park on Carver Street just off West Street.

And, if anyone else wonders why I "bailed her out" - it's because she's family and we love her.

Thanks, Truman, that's what I did. I was not far from there on Thursday evening picking up the other half so we had a drive to Burgess Street and I reconned the parking signs. Sad eh?

The blue sign on your link is there but there is now also a yellow sign specifically prohibiting parking outside the allowed time slot. The taxi ranks are clearly marked.

If there is any excuse, I would say that it is that the street is poorly lit and the signage is rather small. However, having said that, the signage is by the white-lined bays so...

My advice to anyone attending the City Hall would be to park in the council car park on Carver Street just off West Street.

And, if anyone else wonders why I "bailed her out" - it's because she's family and we love her.

No it's not sad..if there's a chance the warden got it wrong then it's a good idea to check if you are in a position to do so..

I have just paid £25 to ParkSmarter for being ticketed on a technicality in Chesterfield. You can appeal all you want but unfortunately you'll have to pay it!! The pay and display tickets no longer have adhesive on them, I paid my £2.40 and put it on the dashboard as instructed. Opened the tailgate and ticket blew onto the drivers seat when I closed the tailgate. Failure to display a valid ticket on the dashboard ... £25 please!!

Archived