Car interior lights won't turn off

IS this going to be another pelican crossing thread again - .

Or even a perpetual motion one..? :)

---------- Post added 01-02-2013 at 14:12 ----------

So when 'most' of the car manufacturers abandoned having nuts holding the wheels on, and went for bolts instead, to prevent the 'user' from fitting them the wrong way around (cos of the taper on one side)... (result of FMEA)...they shouldn't have bothered cos it's a 'user' error?

Why is it that most cars going back quite a few years have a buzzer fitted to stop you leaving the vehicle with the headlights still on?...It's the same 'failure mode'.

Just interested in your opinion. ;)

Did you have a buzzer to say your interior light was left on? That's what the OP started the thread about..

IS this going to be another pelican crossing thread again - where something doesn't conform to your exact opinion so it must be wrong and the world must change to accomodate you?

American cars have different features to British ones. It's not a problem, and it's noit a failure. Get over it.

Ah....so you dodge the question, and resort to the 'get over it' tactics....never mind...I wasn't that interested in your opinion anyway! :)

I didn't dodge the question and I gave you my opinion. You like whining about things that are not a problem that's why you are asking these questions.

As to why the cars from the USA do this, they do it because it's not a safety issue and that's what the people in the US want - to leave the interior lights on and not be bothered with a buzzer. Presumably they also remember to turn them off when needed.

As to why they want this feature, I'm reliably told it is to do with drive in movies.

I didn't dodge the question and I gave you my opinion. You like whining about things that are not a problem that's why you are asking these questions.

As to why the cars from the USA do this, they do it because it's not a safety issue and that's what the people in the US want - to leave the interior lights on and not be bothered with a buzzer. Presumably they also remember to turn them off when needed.

As to why they want this feature, I'm reliably told it is to do with drive in movies.

You really can be offensive at times, I was being perfectly civil, and polite...Oh well...I leave you to go and harass someone else....have a nice day!

No you started being snidey around post 39 Pete and then compounded it. I see the sockpuppet makes the expected appearance as well.

I didn't come here to be insulted - it's muppet if you don't mind!

Oh! :huh:

Come to think of it, the only reason I do come here is to be insulted!

Archived