Fishing dam flask

gazza c

havent fished this venue for ages. im gonna give it a try next week, but can anyone give any advice on the venue. am i best fishing near the dam house end? im an avid user of the float , but im going to give my feeder rod a go. Bai wise i was thinking maggot feeder, with worm on hook.

I haven't been for years either Gaz but I always used to fish the neck end road side at the end of what we called the plantation.

At this time of year I allways used to fish a small maggot feeder but that was before ground bait was allowed, I now would fish a small cage feeder with worm & a pinch of caster held in with a bit of fish meal ground bait, Fish as light a hook length as I could with a 18s hook with a small piece of worm as a starter, then see how it goes from there.

Try to keep your casting tight.

I haven't been for years either Gaz but I always used to fish the neck end road side at the end of what we called the plantation.

At this time of year I allways used to fish a small maggot feeder but that was before ground bait was allowed, I now would fish a small cage feeder with worm & a pinch of caster held in with a bit of fish meal ground bait, Fish as light a hook length as I could with a 18s hook with a small piece of worm as a starter, then see how it goes from there.

Try to keep your casting tight.

i would echo sheff 13's advice but i would also take a few maggots as a stand by hookbait if you're struggling. the pike fishing has been hard this season, i've had one fish in four visits. a friend has put 72 hours in without a fish as yet!

Archived