HMV Twitter Hijack

Well, I can say that am really sad by the loss of thousands of jobs and coming from someone who was made redundant from a large department store, I know how they feel, but seeing as HMV have been nothing short of a money raping machine over recent years, maybe their staff have finally had enough...

"We're tweeting live from HR where we're all being fired! Exciting!" That was the first sign that something's up at HMV today, as a disgruntled employee briefly hijacked the official HMVtweets account.

According to the mystery whistleblower, today saw a "Mass execution of loyal employees who love the brand." The insider revealed "There are over 60 of us being fired at once!"

As the drama unfolded, the mystery tweeter claimed to have overheard a panicky marketing director asking "How do I shut down Twitter?" That same marketing director is reported not to be among the job losses.

The phantom tweeter signed off by saying they wouldn't normally do something like this, but felt they had "no choice" as the company they "dearly love is being ruined".

The rogue tweets also revealed that HMV employees are under contract not to "tell the truth" about the unfolding situation inside the ailing chain.

Someone official has now deleted the offending tweets and returned the hijacked HMVtweets account, which was set up by an unpaid intern, to the usual stream of entertainment news and competition winners.

HMV went into administration earlier this month but has been bought by restructuring firm Hilco, which will attempt to save the chain by cutting costs -- which almost inevitably means cutting stores and jobs.

...The rogue tweets also revealed that HMV employees are under contract not to "tell the truth" about the unfolding situation inside the ailing chain.

Does that mean; "HMV workers have taken a bribe to keep quiet abut what's going on?"

Does the Rogue Tweeter reveal the size of the bribe?

How about other back-handers?

Archived