What's your dream car?

a TVR, any post-1990 V8 drop-top model. Exam results permitting, one will be mine this year :thumbsup:

Good luck with the exams.

If you're serious about buying a TVR you should go along to a meeting of the SY TVRCC.

http://www.tvrcc-south-yorks.co.uk/

We've got a good representation of all the models, from the old Ford engined ones up to the very latest Speed Six engined variants.

One word of warning though. When you go to look at a prospective purchase; check the chassis. Then check the chassis. Finally check the chassis. Pay particular attention to the outriggers.

Oh and check the car out before the owner fires it up. Once you hear that sweet V8 you'll be begging the seller to take your money and your firstborn.

Rover V8's are good for about 60K miles in a TVR before they might need a camshaft. If the owner has changed the oil / filter (using a good 15/50 or 20/50) every 3K miles you might get 100K out of a cam though.

Luck's got nowt to do with it I'm afraid, you either stack up on the day or try again a year later (once-yearly, sittings in Oct or Nov, results in Mar or Apr).

10 years with the current MX-5 ('98 1.8, last Mk1 UK model out), and been waiting nearly that long to 'upgrade' (nearly p/x'd for a Griffith 500 with all the trimmings back in '02, but the Mrs wouldn't let me!), so rest assured I will be most serious when checking out 'prospectives' ;)

Archived