What would get you to walk to Hillsborough?

I'm assuming you mean Hillsborough Road as Hillsborough Place needs to remain open to traffic which can't go through Hillsbrough Corner from Middlewood Road. Also Taplin Road needs to remain open for the very same reason as well as being the main route back to Stannington for those shoppers that come to shop in Hillsborough.

Hillsborough Road is the road that had Mann's fishmongers on it and behind there is a decent small place for a market.

Also Taplin Road pavements always seems to be covered by dog pooh :gag:

... serious question :)

I belong to a group of traders who have been trying to organise events in Hillsborough over the last 15 months or so (if you've been to one of the Treasure Hunts last year, that was us:))

We've been asked to come up with ideas that would encourage people to walk to and throughout Hillsborough.

So.... putting out to the audience, what would entice you to walk to, and through Hillsborough? :)

All ideas welcome...... and I am aware of the danger of saying this :hihi:

I think traders should lobby the council to be a much more vehicle friendly city. After all, you can't buy much if you have to walk/bus and carry the stuff. Places like super markets, retail parks and Meadow hall have took your trade because they are car friendly.

It's ok trying to get people to go to Hillsborough but there is one big thing that it needs is public toilets, the only place at the moment is the one at Holme Lane bus stop, but who wants to use a toilet in view of passing traffic

It's ok trying to get people to go to Hillsborough but there is one big thing that it needs is public toilets, the only place at the moment is the one at Holme Lane bus stop, but who wants to use a toilet in view of passing traffic

When needs must...

Thanks. We're trying ;)

---------- Post added 02-02-2013 at 11:13 ----------

Added to the list ;-) This would depend on the Co-Op being open to persuasion.....

Keep 'em coming folks. The bigger the list of ideas, the better chance we've got of achieving something :hihi:

Ron don't expect SCC to help you in any way if you want to try and get a market up and running. They will actively try and block any and every move you make.

We have been trying to get Stocksbridge market up and running again. We were allotted a pot of money to re-vamp the main road and we even got a bunch of SCC officers to come out and try and organise us. When we were referred to as 'out in the sticks' we sort of knew what attitude they had towards us.

You in Hillsborough were held up as a successful campaign of theirs they even showed us a bright shiny leaflet that they made for you.

If you want to have a chat about it all please feel free to PM me and we can exchange ideas/advice etc.:)

Archived