Bellowhead, anyone seen them?

joiner andy

I saw Bellowhead at Lincoln before Christmas.They are absolutely amazing live.The music is huge and wild,all the musicians seemingly doing their own thing but all held together by John Spiers on accordion.

They are far better live than on record. I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

Exactly what Shanes Teeth said. Spot on.

Me and my lad will be going to see them - the 4th time for me - the 6th time for him. They are an amazing live act - loads of stuff on their website to give you an idea;

http://www.bellowhead.co.uk/gallery.html

I'll be surprised if everyone remains seated all through the show!

Lead singer Jon Boden has lived in Dungworth for the last few years and cellist Rachel McShane is originally from Penistone way.

Me and my lad will be going to see them - the 4th time for me - the 6th time for him. They are an amazing live act - loads of stuff on their website to give you an idea;

http://www.bellowhead.co.uk/gallery.html

I'll be surprised if everyone remains seated all through the show!

Lead singer Jon Boden has lived in Dungworth for the last few years and cellist Rachel McShane is originally from Penistone way.

Sam Sweeney (@samsweeney123 ) lives in Sheffield too.

I can't understand why they are playing in an all seated venue. I saw them at the leadmill in November 2011 and they were excellent but did not bother getting tickets for the City Hall.

I think it's for a couple of reasons.

There has been quite a lot of discussion on the forum on their website over the years - a lot of their fans are getting on a bit and a number find standing for a gig hard work and their view somewhat restricted.

Also to some extent they've outgrown venues like the Leadmill ('twas an incredible gig though) if they can sell out 2,000+ seater venues (only a handful of tickets left for the City Hall).

The first time I saw them was at an all seater venue - Buxton in 2008 on the Matachin tour. Didn't stop a fair number of us getting up and dancing though! (naturally without blocking anyones view).

The ideal Bellowhead venue IMHO should have seats and a standing area - you'd normally find me and my lad right at the front by the strings.

Another big thumbs up from me - you won't be disappointed Andy!

This'll be my fourth. I didn't enjoy the Leadmill one so much, largely because I'm a bit of a shortarse and the place was so rammed that I didn't really see anything and, though there's no stage show as such, seeing them is a major part of the fun.

Best place to see them, if you ever get a chance and IMO, is the Holmfirth Picturedrome - mostly standing but with a sloped floor so you can see wherever you are and there's a bar at the back! Perfect.

Archived