2015 election Thatcher -v- Scargill

I vote  

48 members have voted

1. 1. I vote

• [X] ARTHUR SCARGILL (RED)
    • [X] MARGARET THATCHER (BLUE)

It's 2015 and physics has found a way of distorting and merging time. The upshot is that the general election is being fought by two new parties, the Blues and the Reds. Each is led by a charismatic leader, with polarised ideas, connections, backgrounds and methods.

The Blues are led by Margaret Thatcher in her prime, the Reds are led by Arthur Scargill at his peak.

Voting has been made compulsory, so what are you going to do, and why?

Voting has been made compulsory, so what are you going to do, and why?

Spoil my vote. Any state that forces democracy isn't democratic.

I'm neither in the Thatcher or Scargill camp. The two ideologies have their merits and their faults. The capitalist free market isn't a perfect system for rewarding what is just. Equally, it isn't the place of trade unions to try and overturn elected governments via industrial action.

Despite claiming second home allowance on a different property in London :hihi:

Second home allowance from whom? Scargill lost his court battle to keep NUM funding for a flat in London. He only ever had that 1 property.

Second home allowance from whom? Scargill lost his court battle to keep NUM funding for a flat in London. He only ever had that 1 property.

If he was running for PM he'd be an MP, so have a 'second home'.

The question was would he still be fighting for the right to use the flat in London (fee of charge)?

Finally got around to seeing "the Iron Lady" the other night. What a load of crap it was

Does Thatcher really spend her declining years talking to her dead husband? The story and events of her past and political life were depicted in haphard and sketchy manner.

The only good thing i can say is that Meryl Streep did a pretty good job playing the part of Thatcher

I hope one day that someone who really knows how to make movies comes along and does a better job.

She deserved better that that

Archived