2015 election Thatcher -v- Scargill

I vote  

48 members have voted

1. 1. I vote

• [X] ARTHUR SCARGILL (RED)
    • [X] MARGARET THATCHER (BLUE)

Yes.

Pity Josef Stalin didnt believe in any of it :D

Millions in eastern Europe would have been deliriously happy to change places with people like you any day.

Course we all know that the Berlin wall and barbed wire fences werent meant to stop people escaping the Worker's Paradise... it was meant to keep us people on the other side out :D

Jeez. The laws of Physics change and all that we can come up with is these two ridiculous historical relics.

Jurassic Park was better, and that only tinkered with the laws of Biology.

I'm disappointed. We manage to shift time and space and yet we still come up with proponents of the same old sterile debate.

Where's Nick Clegg when you need him? :D

In London, choosing which private school to send his kids to.

Well he should have stayed in Sheffield then. His first house would have got his kids into High Storrs. His second would have seen them into Bradfield.

If only he hadn't run away... Parent's evening would have been a blast.

I watched it too. I was surprised but I don't think its primary aim was to chronicle her political life..that was the canvas to paint the human side of Thatcher..her strengths, weaknesses and later in life her frailties. Most of the research was more likely the result of talking to those who were/are very close to her..after all, people get old and sometimes they dribble.

Can't fault Streep..she could play a yard brush and still mesmerize you.

She did :thumbsup:

the film was dire more about old age than Thatcher so much to go on can't believe they came up with that rubbish did not show much about her character either.

She did some good stuff but stayed in power way to long.

Archived