Old Mine Shafts In Mosborough

old tup

If you look on the sheffield history website it shows you where the adit was, where it stood is now occupied by some houses, its the other side of moorside close to where you have shown the picture. Behind where the newish houses are there is a coal slag heap which marks where the adit would have been. I've no idea if where the play ground is had a mine on it though.

With regard to the one near the garden centre, still can't picture where it is. Theres some industrial units behind the terraced houses, do you mean on the wasteland behind them? Is there any evidence there now of the pit?

With regard to the one near the garden centre, still can't picture where it is. Theres some industrial units behind the terraced houses, do you mean on the wasteland behind them? Is there any evidence there now of the pit?

I was told that one was opposite the garden centre

---------- Post added 04-02-2013 at 19:54 ----------

If you look on the sheffield history website it shows you where the adit was, where it stood is now occupied by some houses, its the other side of moorside close to where you have shown the picture. Behind where the newish houses are there is a coal slag heap which marks where the adit would have been. I've no idea if where the play ground is had a mine on it though.

?

http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/12062-colliery-near-mosborough/

this one says still unbuilt on

• 2 weeks later...

Len Brunt, Mosboroughs very own Arkwright from open all hours,right down to the brown overall,you never left his shop without purchasing something and no matter what you wanted he had it,he once rummaged in the back and came up with a wooden box marked £1/11,inside was a victorian device for Brain fag that involved you being wired to the mains via some sort of what only could be described as a meccano helmet,I passed on that one.Another time he called me over the road and said"Just look at this lass" and proceeded to pull a very large dead rat from out of his bin,i said "not today thank you"

They dont make them like that anymore.

Archived