Can you request Private room for a fee at Sheffield teaching hospital

The NHS are sending a lot of patients to private hospitals to provide some extra capacity and so reduce waiting lists. I don't know how these are allocated or if the patient has any choice, but in private hospitals there are no shared wards and everyone gets their own room.

It would be worth looking into.

Heres how to do it:

http://www.nhs.uk/choiceintheNHS/Rightsandpledges/NHSConstitution/Pages/Yourrightstochoice.aspx

the link doesn't say anything about private rooms...

I know that unless it's an emergency admissions ward, such as the heart unit I was admitted to, the other year, you are entitled to be in a same sex bay/ ward.

The link doesn't directly but the previous posts did:

Originally Posted by Nagel

The NHS are sending a lot of patients to private hospitals to provide some extra capacity and so reduce waiting lists. I don't know how these are allocated or if the patient has any choice, but in private hospitals there are no shared wards and everyone gets their own room.

It would be worth looking into.

Heres how to do it:

http://www.nhs.uk/choiceintheNHS/Rig...stochoice.aspx

I think with the current cuts this will harder to achieve,and he may have to sit it out at home until a bed becomes available.If you want a private room you need to give plenty of notice-if he has piles of money he could consider the Claremont in Sandygate

fnarr fnarr.........

3 Days! However I think it may be due to religious reasons why he would prefer not to share and he is from Syria where he was telling me he is used to having his own room. I get the feeling it may be more snobby attitude, fair enough he has the money but I don't fully understand his logic!

Plenty of people from all religions and nationalities are cared for on the open ward, so I'm not sure that this will be a consideration.

Archived