Can you request Private room for a fee at Sheffield teaching hospital

Does any one know if you wish to use a private room but remain as an NHS patient can you request a private room for a fee? I have friend who will be having a haemorroid surgery next week and would like some privacy after his surgery at Royal Hallamshire Hospital.

Many Thanks

Not in the Royal Hallamshire or Northern General.

If he was being admitted to an NHS Hospital somewhere else,such as London for instance a private room may be available for a fee, that would be without priority nursing though.

Doesn't really seem fair though does it?

They don't tell you how to get a Private Room/Ward in an NHS Hospital. They tell you how to go about trying to get NHS treatment in a private hospital, where a private room is bound to be available.

You are of course correct.

So the OPs friend will get the NHS treatment he need in the private room he desires.

Not quite sure why he doesn't just go private in the first place if the NHS isn't good enough for him & he "has the money". Maybe it's because he's quite happy to have his treatment for free but doesn't want to mix with the other poor plebs suffering alongside him. I have to say he's got a bit of a nerve.

Anyone from Syria should pay 100% of the cost of all healthcare provided for them in the UK. We have no reciprocal arrangement with Syria, and their healthcare is lousy in comparison anyway. Why should the NHS have to pay for this person? He should be seen privately in a private hospital, and not burden the UK tax-payer nor delay NHS patients!

Anyone from Syria should pay 100% of the cost of all healthcare provided for them in the UK. We have no reciprocal arrangement with Syria, and their healthcare is lousy in comparison anyway. Why should the NHS have to pay for this person? He should be seen privately in a private hospital, and not burden the UK tax-payer nor delay NHS patients!

What if he has been working here and paying NI and income tax-I know a consultant from Syria who is a world authority on diabetes who works for Leeds PCT.

What if he has been working here and paying NI and income tax-I know a consultant from Syria who is a world authority on diabetes who works for Leeds PCT.
What of it? A lot of people come here as health tourists using that ruse. They never contribute significantly to the cost of their treatment!

P.S. What's the relvance of this consultant you refer to? He's here and not in Syria. How does that make Syrian healthcare good? Perhaps if he were working back in Syria...

What of it? A lot of people come here as health tourists using that ruse. They never contribute significantly to the cost of their treatment!

Well when this Damascan came on holday he signed a five year contract and was given an extended visa listing his benefits and entitlements:hihi:

Not quite sure why he doesn't just go private in the first place if the NHS isn't good enough for him & he "has the money". Maybe it's because he's quite happy to have his treatment for free but doesn't want to mix with the other poor plebs suffering alongside him. I have to say he's got a bit of a nerve.

He only wants to request a private room in an NHS Hospital,which is a privilege granted to certain VIPs such as some of our politicians.

Completely disagree. No where does it say the NHS is not good enough for him. He just wants some (understandable) privacy.

This guy may have the money because he does not drink, run a car, have a holiday, wear expensive clothing, keep a pet.

If he wants to spend it on having some privacy during what is often a pretty degrading time - than why not if it is available (which it seems not to be)......

Completely disagree. No where does it say the NHS is not good enough for him. He just wants some (understandable) privacy.

This guy may have the money because he does not drink, run a car, have a holiday, wear expensive clothing, keep a pet.

If he wants to spend it on having some privacy during what is often a pretty degrading time - than why not if it is available (which it seems not to be)......

Everyone wants privacy when they go into hospital ! Do you think everyone on else on his ward getting their bum grapes done would be thinking "could be worse, I could be in a room on my own". If you can find me anyone who would prefer a ward over a private room please do. And as for the old religious reasons excuse - hogwash. Put up or go private.

Next !

Archived