Can you request Private room for a fee at Sheffield teaching hospital

The answer is simply no. Single rooms are reserved for those that need to be isolated for clinical reasons (e.g. they are infectious). If you want to be certain of having a private room, you would have to have your operation in a private hospital.

Everyone wants privacy when they go into hospital ! Do you think everyone on else on his ward getting their bum grapes done would be thinking "could be worse, I could be in a room on my own". If you can find me anyone who would prefer a ward over a private room please do. And as for the old religious reasons excuse - hogwash. Put up or go private.

Next !

Or go NHS in a private hospital.

but don't disagree with you at all re your privacy comments .I did disagree with irenewilde who said this man did not want to mix wrth plebs - given that there is zero evidence of that.

I did disagree with irenewilde who said this man did not want to mix wrth plebs - given that there is zero evidence of that.

Apart from in post #3 where even the OP says she feels it may be down to a "snobby attitude".

---------- Post added 03-02-2013 at 19:04 ----------

If he wants to spend it on having some privacy during what is often a pretty degrading time - than why not if it is available (which it seems not to be)......

He's free to do that - if he has it done privately. If he has it done on the NHS, then he's out there with the rest of us in cattle class.

I think with the current cuts this will harder to achieve,and he may have to sit it out at home until a bed becomes available.If you want a private room you need to give plenty of notice-if he has piles of money he could consider the Claremont in Sandygate

:hihi: that might be difficult given the poor mans condition :hihi:

Or go NHS in a private hospital.

but don't disagree with you at all re your privacy comments .I did disagree with irenewilde who said this man did not want to mix wrth plebs - given that there is zero evidence of that.

I guess you could argue that perhaps he should pay for his operation as he is a student and therefore has only paid his fees to university and not paid any tax to pay for the healthcare. As the fees university takes it doesn’t pay to healthcare system.

:hihi: that might be difficult given the poor mans condition :hihi:

I am glad someone spotted the pun-I had started to think Uranus was at odds with Jupiter and Mars.

I spotted the pun too,and thought it was funny,but did not wish to draw attension to it,as i have been reliably informed that haemorrhoids can be a pain in the **** :o

Archived