Bed making. Are you any good? A true story!

Well Pete, it's taken me 3 attempts to read your post as I nodded off twice!

I don't know about your efforts being some kind of record but they are certainly a cure for insomnia...

... Zzzzzzzzz! ;)

Thats a bit rude isn't it.

I've just spent a pleasant half hour reading it,and unlike bedmaking i would class it as a work of art. ;)

Thanks Pete I now get adverts over here <<<< for various places selling linen.

Brilliant!!!...Just a little quip like that really made me laugh out loud!...Love it!

---------- Post added 03-02-2013 at 17:08 ----------

Ouch!... That hurt!

I stuck with it for the sole reason that it was written by you!

I, unlike many, appreciate the efforts you make to try to keep the forum alive with interesting threads.

The problem is, any post that is longer than a couple of paragraphs is unlikely to be read by those with the attention span of a goldfish, and so in order to keep your audience focussed you need to keep the size of your posts to a minimum.

You may be pleased to know that my sense of humour is in good working order and is fully employed on several other threads as we speak!

(Though not necessarily accessible to SF members)

:D

Yes I know it was a bit long winded...but once I got into full flow....it was hard to stop....Even so, I had to hack pieces out of it, otherwise it might have morphed into a novel...or should I say...Non-fiction.

Anyone who's actually took the time to wade through it all...congratulations!...You've certainly got stamina!

Thats a bit rude isn't it.

I've just spent a pleasant half hour reading it,and unlike bedmaking i would class it as a work of art. ;)

:hihi:

I agree!

Once again a Pete thread has achieved its objective and split the forum.

My only reservation is that this thread will get fewer views than a normal Pete thread for the simple reason that people will switch off after only reading the first 10 minutes of the OP! ;)

I've humbled a legend? :love:

Keep them coming Pete

And if you can't do something ask a woman to do it for you:hihi:

Eeeeeek...I'm not so sure about legend Jane!!...It hardly describes me, even remotely.

As for asking a woman to do things that I can't do (or do badly)...Don't even get me started about hanging washing out!....That's a whole new novel in itself! :hihi:

I don't like changing the bed but i've never quite got myself in a tangle like that of the OP. I'd go back to candlewick bedspreads and an eiderdown if I were you pal! Living by yourself and performing like that could be dangerous. You don't want to be found "ready-mummified" in bedsheets by a neighbour now do you? What would the tabloid press make of that? :suspect:

I once went camping with a girlfriend and thought it would be a rather good idea to zip both our sleeping bags together to make one big sleeping bag that we could share! :love:

Regrettably the zips were not compatible and I succeeded only in getting them jammed stuck. After a lot of tugging and pulling I finally got them apart again, but the result was I'd broken the zip on her bag so it wouldn't fasten at all.

So, with love still in mind, I suggested we both sleep in the one sleeping bag, the one with the zip that was working that is. It was a very tight fit but seemed like a good idea at the time. The problem came much later on when she complained that every time I turned over in the night I turned her over with me as well. She got fed up of being rolled over and eventually quit and returned to her zipless sleeping bag.

The relationship was never quite the same again.:roll:

I don't like changing the bed but i've never quite got myself in a tangle like that of the OP. I'd go back to candlewick bedspreads and an eiderdown if I were you pal! Living by yourself and performing like that could be dangerous. You don't want to be found "ready-mummified" in bedsheets by a neighbour now do you? What would the tabloid press make of that? :suspect:

I once went camping with a girlfriend and thought it would be a rather good idea to zip both our sleeping bags together to make one big sleeping bag that we could share! :love:

Regrettably the zips were not compatible and I succeeded only in getting them jammed stuck. After a lot of tugging and pulling I finally got them apart again, but the result was I'd broken the zip on her bag so it wouldn't fasten at all.

So, with love still in mind, I suggested we both sleep in the one sleeping bag, the one with the zip that was working that is. It was a very tight fit but seemed like a good idea at the time. The problem came much later on when she complained that every time I turned over in the night I turned her over with me as well. She got fed up of being rolled over and eventually quit and returned to her zipless sleeping bag.

The relationship was never quite the same again.:roll:

The cunning Baldrick style pan worked then! :hihi:

Archived