Rotherham Ghosts forum

It's a web forum. I certainly wouldn't get angry; I'd just ignore the thread.

If I'd seen a ghost, I might come on here and tell people about it, but I certainly wouldn't be condescending to others about my hidden knowledge - there's just no need for it.

So, let this be a bench mark: there's no reason to be rude or aggressive in any post. If you post something then you're invariably going to get negative responses from people - especially if you're talking about something contentious, controversial, or, in this case, which the majority (rightly or wrongly) perceives as being nuts.

Basically, you're absolutely right in that post. But I'd be loathe to come on here and tell everyone about it. That's asking for ridicule and questioning. Of course no matter what, he's got no chance of ever convincing anyone.

Basically, you're absolutely right in that post. But I'd be loathe to come on here and tell everyone about it. That's asking for ridicule and questioning. Of course no matter what, he's got no chance of ever convincing anyone.

I've seen a ghost and I don't even believe in them! ... in fact, I've seen two. I honestly think there's a rational scientific explanation, beyond my comprehension though.

When I was about eighteen I was riding my motorbike up Thornhill Lane near Bamford in the dark. Suddenly a 'pillar of light' (no discernable human form, but that size) appeared directly in front of me ... I nearly crashed. Later on, my mum discovered that it was at the exact place someone was killed in a car accident a few years before.

Scared the **** out of me at the time!

The second time I saw something I can't explain was when I was temporarily living in a village near Cambridge. It was a very old (Tudor) cottage. Without going into detail, I later found out that the house was built on an older graveyard. The 'sighting' happened three nights in a row in my bedroom (at exactly the same time) ... I left and moved to a modern house in Huntingdon!

It was scary because it was something I couldn't explain, although (believe it or not), I'm a very rational person. I'm sure there was a logical explanation for this. Still don't believe in ghosts.

I've seen a ghost and I don't even believe in them! ... in fact, I've seen two. I honestly think there's a rational scientific explanation, beyond my comprehension though.

When I was about eighteen I was riding my motorbike up Thornhill Lane near Bamford in the dark. Suddenly a 'pillar of light' (no discernable human form, but that size) appeared directly in front of me ... I nearly crashed. Later on, my mum discovered that it was at the exact place someone was killed in a car accident a few years before.

Scared the **** out of me at the time!

The second time I saw something I can't explain was when I was temporarily living in a village near Cambridge. It was a very old (Tudor) cottage. Without going into detail, I later found out that the house was built on an older graveyard. The 'sighting' happened three nights in a row in my bedroom (at exactly the same time) ... I left and moved to a modern house in Huntingdon!

It was scary because it was something I couldn't explain, although (believe it or not), I'm a very rational person. I'm sure there was a logical explanation for this. Still don't believe in ghosts.

Snap. In fact I put a thread up on here about it.

I saw the ghosts of two girls stood at the end of my bed, had I been of the mind that ghosts exist it would have confirmed my belief to the point where I would have shouted it from the rooftops.

As it happened I was quite rational throughout and it did the opposite, it cemented for me the idea that they definately don't.

Each to their own though, I've no difficulty with believers.

As for those on the other side of the argument that categorically say it's all nonsense, is your opinion any more valid than someone else's? I think not.

No, but we aren't the ones who strongly implied that their opinion was more valid than other people's, Bikertec is the only one on this thread who's done that.

No, but we aren't the ones who strongly implied that their opinion was more valid than other people's, Bikertec is the only one on this thread who's done that.
Really I must have missed that bit. Originally I replied to someone saying ghost don't exists with "Really and you know this because you have studied the paranormal all your life or just because you say so." I never once claimed to have studied the paranormal all my life. Sorry if you misinterpreted my comment.:)

Really I must have missed that bit. Originally I replied to someone saying ghost don't exists with "Really and you know this because you have studied the paranormal all your life or just because you say so." I never once claimed to have studied the paranormal all my life. Sorry if you misinterpreted my comment.:)

Have you ever seem a ghost riding a bike?

Then what was the point of your reply. ? :huh:

Yep. That's totally my bad. Apologies. I don't know how I managed to misread that, but really, as I've already said, no one needs to get grief on here for their beliefs (and that applies to the BNP as well as long as that respect goes both ways).

I lived in a very haunted house in Leeds back in the day, which saw two officially sanctioned Catholic exorcisms, and there was some funky stuff going on. Mum says that's why dad started drinking. It was all very very very strange. For instance, we'd have taps running, bar pumps going through the night, and the kettles would be hot in the morning, even though no one was up. Lights would go on and off, and it was generally a very strange place with a very strange presence, even though I was only a kid.

We didn't stay long but it was only years later when all this came to light as my father (big hard ex-rugby player) would never speak of it.

Archived