Aston park fisheries

chsheffield

As much as I think Aston is o.k . It's not even close in quality to venues like Lindholme, the glebe, the oaks, makins etc. Bit suprised it's been picked !

Spot on Doug, as far as I'm concerned it's not even the best fishery in South sheffield. I suppose it has enough pegs to accommodate fishomania so that's a plus. I can't think of another though. I know his maggots, worm & casters are a decent price but I still prefer to go to 6am Tackle or Bankside Tackle as a back up.

Ransnskill as Doug says there's a good few Roach, skimmers & bigger bream in Hallcroft, but around Sheffield it's seems there's more a leaning toward Ide. Unless places like Westwood have a better stocking of Roach, it's not somewhere I fish so can't say.

I personally prefer the last peg just before the dam wall which is a fair walk with a lot of gear, i fish a dark groundbait in a feeder with single or double maggot on the hook on a 12" hooklength, mainly roach and skimmers with the odd decent bream thrown in. There is some decent pegs next to the carpark aswell next to the boat house but at this time of year never had any of the better bream only roach skimmers and perch,

westwood and howbrook dam at chapeltown and high green offer excellent fishing if your not an open match angler - they do have matches for members if you buy a year book.

Stuffed with quality silver fish and some nice carp - espec at westwood although theres some big fish in howbrook too. Big ide, skimmers, lots of roach some barbel, crucians, tench etc

silver fish match record is over 60lb ;)

been up there today for a 5hr fishing sessions,enjoyed it. one moan i have is the state of the access road as you come in and then the rest of the track you drive on to get to the ponds i fished the lily pond but wont be again due to risk of damaging my car. anyone else think the same.

been up there today for a 5hr fishing sessions,enjoyed it. one moan i have is the state of the access road as you come in and then the rest of the track you drive on to get to the ponds i fished the lily pond but wont be again due to risk of damaging my car. anyone else think the same.

Agreed they ought to sort out the road before digging new ponds.

Archived