Aston park fisheries

chsheffield

Lillies wish to walk second Charity match will be on Split lake at Aston park on 21st of September, radio Hallam kindly put me and Alex in touch and he's donated the lake for our match, which I feel is a nice gesture giving us his main match lake :D

i would say the answer to that is no. some of my mates where supposed to be on a match there in a few weeks so went for practise , they said it was awful , banks just a muddy mess , dead or dying fish on the surface a very few fish caught .needless to say they cancelled the match there and booked another venue .

my mate fished it and said was just full of baby mirror carp, but it will probably take a bit of time for it to get going. I think sometimes when people fish commercials they think they have a divine rite to catch loads of big fish etc. I think there is nothing better than going to a pond/lake where you have never been and heard nothing about, and finding the depth, trying out different tactics, baits etc and enjoying the day, even if you do blank.

Of course the banks will need to recover on a fresh dug pond, & regarding the stock I agree gazza it will take time to settle. New venues are mostly stuffed with baby fishes so I expected the same to be in here.

I try to avoid venues with bigger fish so small fish are more to my liking.

I also agree when you say enjoying your day & learning about a new venue.

As for dead fish I'll ignore that as it's new stock & like as already been said it needs time to settle.

So it's not fishing at the moment.

• 2 months later...

Went for a look at the new ponds at Aston Park yesterday, a couple of chaps were fishing up to the island on Alicias not getting much but their feeding appeared a little of a chuck and hope look to it. We also had a look at Bills and Butts no one fishing them but there was loads of fish topping up to around 6 or 8 oz.

I can feel a day comming soon for me.

I probably will buy a bag of micros Tuesday and see what happens.

---------- Post added 04-09-2013 at 12:36 ----------

Fished peg 1 on Bills, top two plus two reached the opposite bank I fish with micros and 2mm expander hook bait. I fished at depth 12" deep by the side of a small reed it fished sound, loads of fish all Carp 3 oz to about 3 lb mostly 6" fish.

The fish were in good nick all clean with no marks so the information I had from a few different anglers didn't ring true.

A good place for kids it's full of fish.

Archived