Child Maintenance Payements ..How much should i be entitled to??

My ex partner has been paying me directly cash in hand or directly into my bank account money towards the upbringing of our daughter who lives with me full time,he sees her as and when suits him but financially he does pay on a weekly basis but not a set amount. In an ideal world it would make my life a lot easier knowing that i had a set amount from him on a weekly/monthly basis as i would be able to work out my incomings and outgoings and put into line stability and security (my wage only covers rent,council tax,monthly bills and food on the table with only pennies left over only just to get by.) I have contacted CSA on many occasions and unfortunately they have been unable to trace him and when i discuss this with him and he gets very angry. He works full time and his wage does vary week to week but as an average i reckon he earns roughly around the £400 per week mark.

My question is how much roughly should i be entitled to??? Do CSA have set amounts? Im just curious and would like to know.

My ex partner has been paying me directly cash in hand or directly into my bank account money towards the upbringing of our daughter who lives with me full time,he sees her as and when suits him but financially he does pay on a weekly basis but not a set amount. In an ideal world it would make my life a lot easier knowing that i had a set amount from him on a weekly/monthly basis as i would be able to work out my incomings and outgoings and put into line stability and security (my wage only covers rent,council tax,monthly bills and food on the table with only pennies left over only just to get by.) I have contacted CSA on many occasions and unfortunately they have been unable to trace him and when i discuss this with him and he gets very angry. He works full time and his wage does vary week to week but as an average i reckon he earns roughly around the £400 per week mark.

My question is how much roughly should i be entitled to??? Do CSA have set amounts? Im just curious and would like to know.

15% for one child, but I warn you, get the muppets at the CSA involved and the relationship between you and your ex could get very messy.

The CSA see's all fathers as the scum of the earth, also there are changes happening which means to use the CSA service it will cost the resident parent and NRP a fee (meaning you will both lose money).

Private agreements are much better all round.

15% for one child, but I warn you, get the muppets at the CSA involved and the relationship between you and your ex could get very messy.

The CSA see's all fathers as the scum of the earth, also there are changes happening which means to use the CSA service it will cost the resident parent and NRP a fee (meaning you will both lose money).

Private agreements are much better all round.

Problem with a private agreement is even if he had been paying maintenance for lets say 2yrs and the CSA get involved, they will just back track it and he will have to pay again for the last 2yrs,they are evil.

Problem with a private agreement is even if he had been paying maintenance for lets say 2yrs and the CSA get involved, they will just back track it and he will have to pay again for the last 2yrs,they are evil.

No he won't,they can only charge you for non payment or notification of non payment.

Archived