Would this be tolerated in UK

That doesn't appear to be an argument against what I said.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have done it I was just pointing out that it is silly to argue that a hatchet that was used to beat a man isn't a weapon.

I haven't had time to look at the article yet (sending this from my phone) but if he has a reason for carrying the hatchet, it isn't classed as an offensive weapon + if it is used as a weapon in self defence (within reasonable force) then It's not an offense either IIRC

I doubt a person hitching a ride in Amerca would be carrying a cricket bat unless he was a Brit expat on his way to a cricket match at the Union Jack Club.

Now a baseball bat I could undertsand.

Not a whole lot of cricket bats around. Might be a few hurley sticks though. A good Louisville slugger works good, and there are plenty of them.

I doubt a person hitching a ride in Amerca would be carrying a cricket bat unless he was a Brit expat on his way to a cricket match at the Union Jack Club.

Now a baseball bat I could undertsand.

Isnt a baseball bat merely a version of a rounders bat ? :)

Archived