Vehicle Insurance NCB

Wanting advice. I have just renewed my Van Insurance of which I have 9 years ncb, because E-van my last insurers only show 5+ ncb, my current insurers say that they can only accept my last insurers ncb, even though my insurers before that would show the 9 years...so they have charged me another 100+ because of this. Even when I told them I can get the information with the 9 years, they still go on to say they can only accept the last insurers ncb.

Is this right can they do this even when you also pay for protected ncb.

I would be grateful for any information.

Thanks

Don't know if it's any help but we've just changed insurers this year..like you our previous insurers only show 5+ years even though it was more than 10.. we contacted our new insurers and they said that they could see that we had accrued 10+ years from the insurers' database..don't see why your new insurers can't do this..

Don't know if it's any help but we've just changed insurers this year..like you our previous insurers only show 5+ years even though it was more than 10.. we contacted our new insurers and they said that they could see that we had accrued 10+ years from the insurers' database..don't see why your new insurers can't do this..

Thanks..will call them and see what they say.

When did you sign up to go with your new insurer? Not sure how long the cooling off period is with insurers - think it's seven days. Would this be relevant in your case?

What was the wording of the request for NCB? Does it ask how many years NCB you have or how many years since you made a claim? When did you last make a claim? Ask your new insurer what proof they need and whether a letter off your old insurer saying that you have 9 years NCB (or whatever) would do.

As someone else said, I think that there is a database showing exactly what claims you have made. When I last changed insurer, I was going through my driving history when I remembered as an afterthought a no blame knock that I'd had in my van (even though I was insuring my car). This was all sorted through the other person's insurance - yet the insurer that I was speaking to knew about it.

My husband had this problem last year .We had to contact old insurers ,it took a while but the extra money he had to pay upfront was returned . If you go with a company that only has 5 +years you have to contact them when you take the insurance out and make sure they keep a record of your extra years from the previous insurer. It is about time all insurers were brought into line . Also be aware of insurers that renew automatically if you don't cancel .

Absoloutley. I have already had the automatic renewal when I noticed they had taken £70 from our account, luckily it was in the cooling down period so although I gave them what for it was easy to get sort out, but still a pain having to ring up.

Some of the things they do are criminal, and I know its up to us the customer to read all the small print.

Almost every one is suffering financially, and these insurers are one of the culprits that are making us suffer more.....where does it end.

Some governing body should definately get them in line.

Not being a troll here (honest) but, would you rather have continuous insurance or have the possibility of driving uninsured?

I think that insurers must advise you a month before renewal of the renewal but it is auto renewal as default. If they cancelled policies at the end of the term then a lot of people would be driving uninsured.

Yes I get that totally but some insurers do and some don't renew automatically . This should be written in large writing so it stands out .

It's usually in with the stuff they send out at renewal time... "If you wish to continue your insurance you need do nothing" sort of blurb..