Vehicle Insurance NCB

Protected NCB is a bit of a con ,you will find it only protects a percentage and not the years total if you have a accident i.e if you stay with that company you will still be entitled to a certain percentage,you will also find your initial renewable premium will rise considerably,they dont protect the years so if you change you will find your yearly total has decreased and you cant transfer a percentage..I find this out to my cost 2 years ago after a claim.

• 4 years later...

Probably a bit off topic but rather than start another thread.....

Last November I was hit by a lorry which reversed into my car.

The driver admitted liability, we exchanged details & after a few days I received instructions to have my vehicle repaired.

When I received my renewal instructions from Swinton last week I noticed it had gone up by 50%.

I contacted Swinton to query this & they explained they are the brokers & that Covea are my insurers.

Apparently Covea haven't been able to get any money from the 3rd party's insurers & so it is going forwards showing that I have made a claim & therefore affects my No Claims Bonus.

As a result unless they recover the money from the 3rd party's insurers it will stay as a 'claim' & affect all future insurance quotes.

Anybody else had this experience & if so how did you resolve it?

Probably a bit off topic but rather than start another thread.....

Last November I was hit by a lorry which reversed into my car.

The driver admitted liability, we exchanged details & after a few days I received instructions to have my vehicle repaired.

When I received my renewal instructions from Swinton last week I noticed it had gone up by 50%.

I contacted Swinton to query this & they explained they are the brokers & that Covea are my insurers.

Apparently Covea haven't been able to get any money from the 3rd party's insurers & so it is going forwards showing that I have made a claim & therefore affects my No Claims Bonus.

As a result unless they recover the money from the 3rd party's insurers it will stay as a 'claim' & affect all future insurance quotes.

Anybody else had this experience & if so how did you resolve it?

Did you pay for "legal cover" with your insurance?

If we are being honest with each other on here, I think more stringent regulation of the motor insurance industry is well over due. There really does seem to be a lot of unfairness imposed on the law abiding motorists.