Job Center dress code.

I was queuing for over 10 minutes today to take on diesel at Morrisons Hillsborough and noticed of the couple of dozen people going in and out of the job center across from the forecourt not one was wearing a suit. Not even a shirt and tie to be seen. Hoodies, dirty jeans, a couple of young ladies dressed like they were "working" but not in a good way, but not one smartly dressed person.

Is this the norm or was it "dress down Monday" at Hillsborough?

I was queuing for over 10 minutes today to take on diesel at Morrisons Hillsborough and noticed of the couple of dozen people going in and out of the job center across from the forecourt not one was wearing a suit. Not even a shirt and tie to be seen. Hoodies, dirty jeans, a couple of young ladies dressed like they were "working" but not in a good way, but not one smartly dressed person.

It could have been dress down day as you say, but suits & ties are not compulsory. You are not supposed to wear trainers and jeans unless D/D day but some do???

Trousers and a nice shirt are normally favoured, but ties not been mandatory years now.

Are you sure these were staff and not "jobseekers".

i always go in wearing cycling gear, its the only way i can get there. you should have gone in and had a chat with Hazel at reception she is always turned out great!! you wouldnt complain about her clothes!!

That's fair enough if you have cycled there, but there was no cycling gear in evidence today, just scruffy or inappropriate clothing.

ten minutes!!! your kidding, it takes over forty ! standing there looking hopefully at the people at the desks, waiting for that shouted name wandering across from them. standing up straight, not answering your phone because if you do the big bad security guard comes across and says, take it outside mate!!. no calls in here. yeah all told its a fantastic place

Archived