Job Center dress code.

What a stupid thing to say, of course they will get more they have a house/partner and 3 children to look after, where as a kid living at home with their parents and signing on has nothing to payout for

i think your the stupid one, the point been made was that its not just people on job seekers who receive benefits, but they are the ones that seem to receive all the flack.

So the kid living at home has to put up with people across from the job centre getting petrol outside judging them, yet the person that decides to have 3 kids they cant afford doesnt have to.

Go read entire threads before trolling through them looking for smarts ars** comments to make.

isnt this thread expanding into a general discussion about people on benefits?. i thought there were enough threads about that on here already.

did anyone watch the kieser report on RT? he said that the low interst rates were being payed for by the unemployed. and the savers, who have seen their interest rates slashed over the years.

but getting on to the original point, myself the only way i can get to sign on is by cycle. i cant really see myself taking a shirt and tie and putting them on before i go into the jobcentre!!

But you dont go in the chippy looking for employment do you. ? If people cant be bothered making an effort for an appointment at the jobcentre ,whats that tell you about their effort in trying to find work.

I hear that Sheffield Parking 'Services' are recruiting. :hihi:

Seriously though, don't sweat it. If you and your chums in government get their way and it all goes to plan, within a year or two everyone without a job will be forced to wearing a suit....their Birthday suit.

I hear that Sheffield Parking 'Services' are recruiting. :hihi:

Seriously though, don't sweat it. If you and your chums in government get their way and it all goes to plan, within a year or two everyone without a job will be forced to wearing a suit....their Birthday suit.

Even worse, they'll be forced to buy their clothes in charity shops and end up wearing someone else's birthday suit.

one time I saw a gardener cutting a lawn and he wasn't even wearing a tie. I was disgusted.

An admittedly shocking example, but sadly just one of many we face as an industry beset by declining sartorial standards.

I take it you're of the view that jobseekers turning up to "sign on" looking scruffy is really helping their chances of finding work then?

An admittedly shocking example, but sadly just one of many we face as an industry beset by declining sartorial standards.

I take it you're of the view that jobseekers turning up to "sign on" looking scruffy is really helping their chances of finding work then?

you dont have any idea at all do you. let me tell you i have applied for nearly 200 jobs in the last year and how many interviews do you think i got out of that amount?????.. 3. its usually a miracle if you even receive a reply for all the effort you put in by filling the endless question on the application form.

its very disheartening to say the least. and before you ask no i didn't go in a suit i doesn't own one. but i did go as smart as i could. i even splashed out and caught the bus

how you look doesnt affect your chances at all, yes if you wear a suit it might give them the impression youre keen

BUT

the job centre is the first port of call, normally they only show you jobs, see what youve been doing to find work, might phone up to organise an interview, or give you a form to fill in to apply........or arrange a course or whatever for you to go on

all none formal tasks

they DONT liase with employers and tell them dont take on this person cos theyre a scruff

No item of clothing worn at the jobcentre is going to raise or lower anyone's chances of getting a job unless the person is having an interview there. The jobcentre staff have a role of pushing people towards work based on their previous work experience, qualifications and interests, not on what they wear. I've never worn anything smart to the jobcentre when I've signed on but have worked for almost all of the last 30+ years.

One thing that might help someone find a job is knowing how to spell centre.

Archived