Job Center dress code.

It's more of a snobby thing, some people like to think they're better than others because of how they dress. Most old people don't judge others on how they look.

its not just like that

take my dad for instance, he was born in the 40s, where kids wore shorts, blokes wore shirts and suits etc, admittedly he wore jeans but he ALWAYS wore a shirt, never seen him in a tshirt, its what he was accustomed to, its how he was brought up, men wore shirts

my generations different, i wear tshirts, and only tshirts (fnarr) unless a shirt and tie / suit is needed ie:- wedding/funeral/interview, a need to look smart to impress

the job centre IS NOT THAT NEED

its not just like that

take my dad for instance, he was born in the 40s, where kids wore shorts, blokes wore shirts and suits etc, admittedly he wore jeans but he ALWAYS wore a shirt, never seen him in a tshirt, its what he was accustomed to, its how he was brought up, men wore shirts

my generations different, i wear tshirts, and only tshirts (fnarr) unless a shirt and tie / suit is needed ie:- wedding/funeral/interview, a need to look smart to impress

I agree with this my dad never wore t shirts or even jeans, always shirts and trousers. Its times have changed :)

crisis loan.:)

They end on 31st March at jobcentre's.

---------- Post added 06-02-2013 at 14:13 ----------

How about putting Job Centres on a 'payment by results basis' ???? The staff should have to explain WHY they havent found a job for each client.

Nimrod, trust me the staff do have targets they have to meet or exceed in getting people jobs, they submit them to the jobs but they cannot legislate for if the person will get the job, or even turn up.

They have monthly meetings with managers & are held accountable if they don't meet their targets, and inefficiency action will be taken against them, if the targets are not met, these are not their only targets.

Nimrod, trust me the staff do have targets they have to meet or exceed in getting people jobs, they submit them to the jobs but they cannot legislate for if the person will get the job, or even turn up.

They have monthly meetings with managers & are held accountable if they don't meet their targets, and inefficiency action will be taken against them, if the targets are not met, these are not their only targets.

I read a few months back in Private Eye that in the areas where the work program was run internally by the Job Centres they were achieving considerably better results than those areas where it was outsourced to A4e and their ilk.

its not just like that

No you're wrong again, they may choose to dress a certain way and will have adopted many traits from their childhood like everyone probably has, however this does not give old people the right to judge others on what others choose to wear.

• 1 month later...

just to many people unemployed thats why you go in to jobcentre sighn on they ask you same few questions as anything changed blah blah blah then you leave theyve narrowed the sighnin time down to sighn on so they can get rid of more ppl quicker end of the day theres not many jobs and 10000 ppl going for the few that are out there

Archived