Job Center dress code.

Im not sure why wearing a suit (and tie), to sign on or check jobpoints etc would be important. I agree, there are some scruffs that are in there when Ive been in, that may or may not be interested in working. Personally I would go presentable - suit or suit and tie would be kept for interviews.

I was queuing for over 10 minutes today to take on diesel at Morrisons Hillsborough and noticed of the couple of dozen people going in and out of the job center across from the forecourt not one was wearing a suit. Not even a shirt and tie to be seen. Hoodies, dirty jeans, a couple of young ladies dressed like they were "working" but not in a good way, but not one smartly dressed person.

Is this the norm or was it "dress down Monday" at Hillsborough?

I've seen blokes in overhalls going in to sign on nobody cares.

why would you wear a suit to go and sign on or find out about available jobs??

you dress up to go for the interview for the job, not to get the info about it.

do you wear a suit to the chip shop?

I'm purely going on my own thankfully brief experience many moons ago (two weeks and two visits), but being smartly attired creates a positive impression, shows you're actually there to find work and not just "sign on" and seemed to get the best out of the person who has been assigned to help you find work.

I'm purely going on my own thankfully brief experience many moons ago (two weeks and two visits), but being smartly attired creates a positive impression, shows you're actually there to find work and not just "sign on" and seemed to get the best out of the person who has been assigned to help you find work.

TBH Andy it's not just the jobcentre, lots of people today for some reason like to walk about like a bag of sh*** tied in the middle.

But you dont go in the chippy looking for employment do you. ? If people cant be bothered making an effort for an appointment at the jobcentre ,whats that tell you about their effort in trying to find work.

To be fair it's not actually an appointment, it's a two minute process of signing on, isn't it. ?

But you dont go in the chippy looking for employment do you. ? If people cant be bothered making an effort for an appointment at the jobcentre ,whats that tell you about their effort in trying to find work.

like i said, it has NOTHING to do with gaining employment, apart from a little bit of help and information

Archived