Job Center dress code.

like i said, it has NOTHING to do with gaining employment, apart from a little bit of help and information

That wasn't my experience. The young lady I dealt with was genuinely interested in helping and after we'd identified a couple of companies positions that would be a good fit for my experience which I applied for, one of which I'd already applied for a more senior role in she unbidden phoned both and gave me a very good appraisal to the HR managers. I got the more senior position that I'd applied for, but it may have been without a call from her that might not have happened, at the very least it will not have hurt.

I was queuing for over 10 minutes today to take on diesel at Morrisons Hillsborough and noticed of the couple of dozen people going in and out of the job center across from the forecourt not one was wearing a suit. Not even a shirt and tie to be seen. Hoodies, dirty jeans, a couple of young ladies dressed like they were "working" but not in a good way, but not one smartly dressed person.

Is this the norm or was it "dress down Monday" at Hillsborough?

Why would you need a suit to sign on, it's not the 1940s.

You only need a suit on for a job interview or if your job requires it

That wasn't my experience. The young lady I dealt with was genuinely interested in helping and after we'd identified a couple of companies positions that would be a good fit for my experience which I applied for, one of which I'd already applied for a more senior role in she unbidden phoned both and gave me a very good appraisal to the HR managers. I got the more senior position that I'd applied for, but it may have been without a call from her that might not have happened, at the very least it will not have hurt.

the point is, you DONT need a suit to do all that, the suit comes in att he next stage..........interview with the employer

the point is, you DONT need a suit to do all that, the suit comes in att he next stage..........interview with the employer

You don't need a suit, granted, but I felt it appropriate, it was commented on by the young lady and she went out of her way to assist me, clearly clothes don't maketh the man and there would be other factors but being smartly attired is as good a place as any to start.

A shirt and tie (which can be had from a supermarket for a fiver) at least show intent.

You don't need a suit, granted, but I felt it appropriate, it was commented on by the young lady and she went out of her way to assist me, clearly clothes don't maketh the man and there would be other factors but being smartly attired is as good a place as any to start.

A shirt and tie (which can be had from a supermarket for a fiver) at least show intent.

some like it, some dont, but like thats already been said, were not living in the 40s/50s

most people these days arent comfortable wearing a suit if they dont need to

Archived