Job Center dress code.

some like it, some dont, but like thats already been said, were not living in the 40s/50s

most people these days arent comfortable wearing a suit if they dont need to

As I said, forget the suit then, a fiver shirt and tie would make someone looking for a job stand out from the scruffy mob I saw today. Which is what it's about in a tight job market.

Like the old joke goes about two guys out on safari who spot a lion homing in on them and one reaches into his backpack and puts on running shoes, the other guy asks "why are you doing that you'll never outrun a lion" and the other replies "I don't need to outrun the lion, I just need to outrun you."

It's a tough labour market out there and good luck to anyone who takes on board the ideas in this thread and uses them to get work.

You don't need a suit, granted, but I felt it appropriate, it was commented on by the young lady and she went out of her way to assist me, clearly clothes don't maketh the man and there would be other factors but being smartly attired is as good a place as any to start.

A shirt and tie (which can be had from a supermarket for a fiver) at least show intent.

Andy always looks good in his be spoke tailored suit/turnip picking attire in his bugatti veyron diesel van when dropping bits of wood off and picking up Xmas trees from posh postcodes :hihi::)

So if you were sat at home browsing the job centre website or any other job search website would you put your suit and tie on first?

you are asked to go there and sign on and show what you have been doing to find work.

If i was running a chippy and a potential employee came for an interview i wouldnt expect them to come in a suit, not that they should come looking like a scruff but in my opinion only certain types of jobs would require a suit.

Andy always looks good in his be spoke tailored suit/turnip picking attire in his bugatti veyron diesel van when dropping bits of wood off and picking up Xmas trees from posh postcodes :hihi::)

lol, granted these days I spend a lot more time in suits made by Stihl than Hugo Boss (though at times I'm not sure which cost more) but I'm not looking for a job, these people are.

As I said, forget the suit then, a fiver shirt and tie would make someone looking for a job stand out from the scruffy mob I saw today.

But the real point is Andy those you describe probably don't want a job let alone make any effort to secure one, it'd probably be the death of them.

lol, granted these days I spend a lot more time in suits made by Stihl than Hugo Boss (though at times I'm not sure which cost more) but I'm not looking for a job, these people are.

:hihi: The only problem going in dressed suited is that you will end up selling Netflix door to door. Even the dumbest doley knows that - and will avoid at all costs!!

here we go bash the welfare group again!!.. what about the low paid?, one parent families?, pensioner ? dont they also claim benefits?. and dont the low wage group claim the biggest share of benefits?.

cut them all, let them starve, thats what they are doing with the unemployed now, extend that to all the other groups, that will solve the deficit... AS IF!!!

here we go bash the welfare group again!!.. what about the low paid?, one parent families?, pensioner ? dont they also claim benefits?. and dont the low wage group claim the biggest share of benefits?.

cut them all, let them starve, thats what they are doing with the unemployed now, extend that to all the other groups, that will solve the deficit... AS IF!!!

Yep!! Always a new dig at the poor on here :mad:

Archived