Job Center dress code.

What purpose do job centres actually serve? How much do they cost to run? Shouldn't they be called signing-on centres? What ratio of unemployed people are found jobs by job centres? I must research this some more.

How about putting Job Centres on a 'payment by results basis' ???? The staff should have to explain WHY they havent found a job for each client.

According to an increasing number of forummers, there are LOADS of jobs out there and there should be no excuse for not havng one.

I have always had a job, mainly self employed but sometimes for an employer. I now work alongside a load of poor souls employed by an agency. They carry out roughly the same duties as me, but recieve considerably less remuneration.......almost half !! The agency does OK, ripping off a percentage of the employees pay and relieving my company of any employers obligations, i.e. sick pay, employment and holiday rights, redundancy entitlements and so on.

Could this have a bearing on the fact that a lot of jobseekers lack enthusiasm ?? They all appear to have a good work ethic when they first start, but the agency staff soon kick that out of the poor sods.

I know, they should all set up as self employed gardeners and undercut the regular gardeners. ;)

HI know, they should all set up as self employed gardeners and undercut the regular gardeners. ;)

Even better if they turn up in a suit to do the gardening... none of these scruffy rustic looking types, or overalls who are more likely to thieve everything out your home soon as you go make 'em a cuppa! :hihi:

Even better if they turn up in a suit to do the gardening... none of these scruffy rustic looking types, or overalls who are more likely to thieve everything out your home soon as you go make 'em a cuppa! :hihi:

I kid you not, i once worked at a gardening company and the new employee did turn up the first morning in a suit and shoes. :hihi:

If it differentiates them and helps them to get into business and off the dole then great :thumbsup:

Strangely enough it was wearing a suit that got me into gardening. I was in sales at the time and buying a new suit, looking in the mirror i decided it just wasn't me so packed it in that very afternoon with no other job to go to, 5 years later having gained experience and supervising at several gardening companies i had my own business. :thumbsup:

why would you wear a suit to go and sign on or find out about available jobs??

you dress up to go for the interview for the job, not to get the info about it.

do you wear a suit to the chip shop?

I agree...why on earth would you wear a suit to go and sign on? :huh:

My experience of jobcentres, although limited, is that I've never found a single job suitable in there, which I've subsequently had an interview for and got the job. I've always found jobs by other means. It's ridiculous to assert that you might have to dress smartly to sign on!

Archived