Cryogenics for you

As I recall, Walt Disney was frozen after death. Not sure if it was only his head though?

One cynical longtime animator and personal associate of Walt, when asked about the cryogenics rumors, said that if Walt had himself frozen, that it was his attempt to become a warmer human being.

Hollywood's Dark Prince

It was certainly something Disney was interested in but at the time the required level of technology was years away.

In fact that may still be the case.

£200,000 for your whole body, i wonder how much that will buy when you come back to life:hihi:

Put £10k in the bank and reap the rewards of compound interest.

Assuming that it doesn't go all Star Trek and there's no such thing as money when you come back.

Personally unless I could come back to a world of jetpacks, pills for food and domed moonbases, forget it.

Here's a way to look at it.

Look at all the people who donate time and money to church - I'm thinking of those people paying in week after week to church collection plates etc. Over their lifetime, they'll probably spend a fair whack on that, and for what? The belief that they can live an afterlife, that there's no proof of.

Some may believe more in science that eventually "cures" could be found. If there a great difference between spending money getting to and sitting in a church each week or spending it on being frozen?

What money I donate to "churches" is to enable them to do good in this world.

There is no afterlife.

If there were, money wouldn't get you in.

(But look up "Pascal's Wager"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager)

I have not yet seen a mouse frozen for a year, and then revived.

So I doubt that cryo will work at all; then there are the points already raised -- will the money be there to revive me, and who would want to?

I regard it as I do the attempts to get me to invest in cars that will run fuelled only by tap water -- it won't work!

I am going to die. (75+, diabetes, cardiac problems, etc.)

There is no God, no Heaven or Hell.

What survives of me will be the memories stored in my family.

I'm content with that.

Anybody joining up to be frozen when dead, and possibly brought back if the find a cure in years to come.

I cannot think of a worse thing tbh. Imagine waking up at some point in the future when all your friends and family have died or moved on and the world has changed to such a point that you just don't know how to fit into it.

Anyhow, the world is crowded enough without adding to it with frozen zombies.

I'm sure I will get to a point, one day, when I feel enough is enough. This will probably coincide with me losing interest in the opposite sex. At that point I will know it is time to go. And I wouldn't thank anyone for turning me into a lollipop and thawing me out later.

Archived