Supply your own parts yes/no

Ive never had any labour charges back from a supplier in fact I have never thought of asking for labour charges from a supplier to be honest, I suppose it would depend on what it was,I don't seem to have a problem with parts from my suppliers, I have had trouble with parts customers have supplied especially EBay and scrap yard parts,I always have a good look at the parts before I fit them,but the customers always like to think they are saving themselves a few quid when they bring the parts with them saying how much to fit this or that for me mate.

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 14:22 ----------

This is making me think I bought a head gasket for a car infact it was a diesel and apparently according to the well known local supplier whom I have used for years was the correct one,the gasket failed after a short time so I had to do the job again 5 hours labour a time,they gave me a replacement over the counter no problems and I was more than happy at the time to get the new so called up dated gasket at the same price,should I have pursued them for my labour charges the car was one of my cars that I had repaired and sold so I thought it was down to me to stand to the labour charges.

Archived