Saudi preacher gets fine and short jail term for raping and killing

Did you watch the dispatches program last week about hidden child abuse in the Jewish comunity?

Link here= http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/episode-guide/series-122/episode-1

I'm surprised no one started a thread on it. :roll:

Did not see it but I`m guessing it is equally despicable just as the catholic church protecting paedophiles for all those years. Religion seems to be a theme across it all.

I hope they got more than 4 months in jail for it though as the Saudi`s have deemed fit.

Outlaw Islam until it gets its act together. We cannot offer tolerance to a religion that tolerates very little. Catholics, with their attitude to women, and our own C of E as well are doing a good job of destroying peoples respect.

Saudi is a terrible place to live if you are female, gay or poor.

Chuck 'em out of the human race, reclassify 'em as savages.

I think people confuse religious rules with cultural norms,and there is nothing in the Q'ran which condones such conduct.It is like claiming the teachings of Islam are entirely responsible when in fact it is the interpretation which is at fault.Many of the comments so far indicate a high level of confusion and some are gratuitous in their offensiveness.

I think people confuse religious rules with cultural norms,and there is nothing in the Q'ran which condones such conduct.It is like claiming the teachings of Islam are entirely responsible when in fact it is the interpretation which is at fault.Many of the comments so far indicate a high level of confusion and some are gratuitous in their offensiveness.

No amount of religious interpretation can condone the following..

"Lama had one of her fingernails removed, the side of her head was smashed and the rest of her body was covered up. She had to hear from hospital staff and social workers how Lama’s rectum was torn open and that the abuser had attempted to burn it closed".

I'm against the death penalty but sometimes I'm repulsed into thinking otherwise. Pure evil.

Did you watch the dispatches program last week about hidden child abuse in the Jewish comunity?

Link here= http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/episode-guide/series-122/episode-1

why haven't you instead of hijacking another thread :roll:

two wrongs don't make a right you know and because one set of people do X, that doesn't take away anything from another set of people doing Y.

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 11:57 ----------

Are they? All of them?

they are in the majority complicit to the actions of their government. How many exiled Saudis do you know who campaign for a change in Saudi Arabia?

I watched this on catch up. I found it appalling that they closed ranks and went silent.

There is open abuse of women too. There is Jewish ‘modesty patrols’ in parts of Israel and recently in Jewish neighbourhoods in America, where men stop women who they feel are not dressed correctly in a Jewish area, whether they are Jewish or not.

why haven't you instead of hijacking another thread :roll:

two wrongs don't make a right you know and because one set of people do X, that doesn't take away anything from another set of people doing Y.

---------- Post added 05-02-2013 at 11:57 ----------

they are in the majority complicit to the actions of their government. How many exiled Saudis do you know who campaign for a change in Saudi Arabia?

I was pointing out the hypocrisy on SF, if it was a Muslim issue it soon gets reported on here as did the last few well publicised issues.

I'm not interested in starting a thread about it as my point has been made without me vilifying all Jewish people. :roll:

Archived